Spammers at MC...

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the alert, lomoprealpjek has been banned.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks to both Slackbot and Drtooth, ndanityana has been banned.

You know, that's the third spambot trying to post bootleg movie links in like the last week. There was one for Iron Man 3 and this for Warm Bodies that were both reported, and another for The Great Gatsby that I caught without anyone reporting it.

Also, there seems to be a proliferation of the spambots whose user names are two random letters followed by a numeric digit from 0 to 9 followed by even more random letters. Would like to get rid of these permanently, but it's like a hydra, every time you block the main initiator of multiple accounts, it springs back up through another IP. :sigh:

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Not spam, per say, but this new member Jillian keeps posting new threads with four or five words in it. She started a thread that said "I like Hoots the Owl, do you?" or "Bear should come back!".

Not necessarily spam, but I thought she should be informed of the rules. :big_grin:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, jillian's excess posts have been dealt with. If more should surface, they will be dealt with as well. Thanks for the Mupdate. :news:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ugh, another one of these bootleg movie download jerks. Already booted this latest idiot, thanks for the Mupdate Slackbot.