Songs You Can't Stand

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Most of Meghan Trainor's music.
OMG, YES!

She must obviously not be a very good singer, otherwise, they wouldn't have to auto-tune her voice to the point that her singing sounds so robotic and computerized!

Old Thunder

Reaction score
I agree with you Thunder; I didn't listen to all the songs, but Purify is pretty bad.

I had a similar situation with my favorite artist Todd Rundgren, who put out this steaming pile of bull dung a year or two ago. The blaring synth is unbearable; then again, I think it's supposed to be a parody of the modern pop star.

That song is followed by what I believe to be one of his best songs, so it's a total mindf***.
I’ll check it out eventually. My thing with Metallica is that they were important in getting me into metal, but I left them behind for a long time until this year when I finally decided to go through them. Overall it’s been pretty solid, with one album in particular blowing my mind at how good it is, but there’s a lot of rough patches too. St. Anger takes the cake though. There’s no other album out there like it. It’s interesting, but only because of how terrible it is.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
All of the generic pop songs that they play every. single. day. at work.
Most of the time you don't mind because it just becomes background noise. But on the odd occasion I actually stop to pay attention...something inside me just snaps.

On the bright side, they do occasionally play OK Go's cover of The Muppet Show Theme. :smirk:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
As far as your work goes, do they tune into a local station (like a Top 40, or anything like that), or do they have their own in-house radio broadcast like some places do?

Either way, I have never, ever, not once in my entire life, ever heard a Muppet song on the radio, and the closest thing to it that I have was, years and years ago, a cover of "Sing" was played on the radio, and pretty much completely at random . . . I don't even remember who sang the cover, I just found it odd.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
As far as your work goes, do they tune into a local station (like a Top 40, or anything like that), or do they have their own in-house radio broadcast like some places do?
Yep, the latter.
Either way, I have never, ever, not once in my entire life, ever heard a Muppet song on the radio, and the closest thing to it that I have was, years and years ago, a cover of "Sing" was played on the radio, and pretty much completely at random . . . I don
Yeah, I was really surprised when I first heard it.
Was the Sing cover by The Carpenters, by any chance?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't even remember. It could have been, but I wouldn't swear to it.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
OMG, YES!

She must obviously not be a very good singer, otherwise, they wouldn't have to auto-tune her voice to the point that her singing sounds so robotic and computerized!
However, I do like one song by her though and that's it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Is it that song she does with John Legend? Because that's one of the very, very few songs where her singing sounds almost human.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Is it that song she does with John Legend? Because that's one of the very, very few songs where her singing sounds almost human.
No, that's not it. The reason why I don't like that one is not because of the song itself but due to the fact that one of our local radio stations tends to play it every single day.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Either way, I have never, ever, not once in my entire life, ever heard a Muppet song on the radio, and the closest thing to it that I have was, years and years ago, a cover of "Sing" was played on the radio, and pretty much completely at random . . . I don't even remember who sang the cover, I just found it odd.
The first time for me was in December: Denver & the Muppets' "12 Days of Xmas". It was a request on some horrible, wretched station that plays Swift, Gaga, Trainor, Mendes, etc.; they occasionally throw some bones w/Hall & Oates, Prince, etc., but it does not compensate (idk who this station is targeted at -- soccer moms?). This was when they went 24/7 Xmas music; it was so bizarre to hear something of that quality on such a soulless station at a job where everyone thinks their **** doesn't stink... surreal.

Just as an ironic aside, as I'm typing this my sister is playing Simple by Florida Georgia Line at way too loud of a volume and I'm ready to rage; probably my most disliked artist, and I have many of those. They make Jason Aldean sound like a genius, when in reality he sounds like a hybrid between Butters/Mr. Mackey.