Something that Annoys the Heck Outta Me..

radionate

Reaction score
I know I feel guilty after posting mindless posts, as I know that someone is footing the bill, and if I had to pay to post, I wouldn't post.

I think some regulations about spacing and posting might not be a bad thing if it gets abused.

Kye

Reaction score
As a new member, I thought I would throw a few pennies into the discussion. I have something like 20+ posts in a week but that’s because I am new to Forums in general. I think the Muppets is the first subject that I cared enough about to even post something on the Internet.
In my first few posts, I saw color options and Smileys and Font sizes! Like a kid in a candy store I said.... I want em! I think other newby's like myself might be making the same mistakes.
I wonder if the solution is a small page in the FAQ's Section that not only welcomes new members but fills them in on the Forum etiquette. Does Something like this Exist?
I still do not understand how a lot of this works, but I am very happy to be able to Communicate with people of similar interests. I Really hope that the people who are getting annoyed by the actions of some new members are just annoyed at the actions, and not new people in general. If threads become elitist, they will cease to be fun! Especially for the rookies!! :confused:

Manda:-D

Reaction score
As I said earlier:We're all here to have fun and talk about Muppets, I love you all, yall are all incredible, so let's just play nice and get along! :big_grin:

beaker

Reaction score
Originally posted by ryhoyarbie
i've been to other forums and i must say this is about the nicest, friendliest forum around. everyone has their own ideas and thoughts, but everybody is cool and everyone gets along
ryan
Couldnt agree more ryan. Indeed I post and am active in a whol enumber of hobby related forums like htis...but this is by far the nicest. Never seen a forum where the youngest and the oldest can co exist.

Anyways, my little forum pet peeve rant was just a joke. I could give a rats behind how someone types...the ONLY thing is they dont go out of their way to insult the fans, thats a big no no in my book.

I am actually encouraged by all the newcomers...its great seeing a lot of new contributors to the forum...as everyone knows I proclaimed MC dead in the water last fall(right before Jamies upgrade, and when hardly anyone was posting and everyone was MIA) Actually, I am amazed by some of the younger crowd's immaculate typing skills. I mean I myself cant go for one post without misspelling at least a few words(and goodness knows I got a lot of posts)

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Kye

Welcome to the board. Don’t worry about excessive smileys or misspellings. We really don't mind that much and we may have something fun with the smileys soon :wink:.

It's funny that most of the "offenders" mentioned in this thread aren't new people at all. It's not a big deal and some have been contacted about the issue and have been very nice about it.

Luke

Reaction score
Kye,

Welcome to the forum - you are an example of exactly how a new poster should use the forum so good on you for that, it's cool you've made a contribution. I can understand about all the new stuff being very enticing to use, it's not that or the occasional spellings or grammar - it's more specific cases both old and new we're talking about so not to worry. Your suggestions sounded fantastic and it's good to here that Phillip will be implementing some guidelines.

As has been said, everyone is welcome, we're here to have fun and talk about the muppets. That doesn't though automatically give everyone an excuse to go crazy bonkers and do what they like - same as if you walked into someones offline home. All it takes is a little thought and consideration and everybody gets along nicely ! :wink:

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Originally posted by Kye

I still do not understand how a lot of this works, but I am very happy to be able to Communicate with people of similar interests. I Really hope that the people who are getting annoyed by the actions of some new members are just annoyed at the actions, and not new people in general. If threads become elitist, they will cease to be fun! Especially for the rookies!! :confused:
Welcome!

With time you'll get a feel for things (when we first moved to this board it was very tempting to use color all the time, lol).

Newbies who bring great discussions to the madness (or just madness to the madness) are ok in my book!

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
Originally posted by EmmyMik
Welcome!

With time you'll get a feel for things (when we first moved to this board it was very tempting to use color all the time, lol).

Newbies who bring great discussions to the madness (or just madness to the madness) are ok in my book!
here here....new people can bring some good ideas..

ryan

Joggy

Reaction score
Originally posted by EmmyMik

And just for the record, Emmy's book "Newbies who bring great discussions to the madness - and Muffins" can be purchased on amazon.com through Muppet Central!

:big_grin:

Anyway about the topic - I totally agree and I, as a foreigner (DUN DUN DUN DUNNN) who tries to understand your language, feel STRONGLY offended!
:wink:

I see it in my country too. We have this music channel on tv (The Box) where you can send phone messages. The intellectual things you see there. "AMSTERDAM RULEEEEEZZZ" "hi luv, me", "i luv u4evah" and so forth. I mean, most of those people are like, 25? Five years older than me, and they DESPERATELY have to get the little things they HAVE to say (which are completely useless) either on TV or in some stupid guestbook, and they don't even mind talking in full sentences, like I do now...

EmmyMik

Reaction score
Originally posted by Joggy
And just for the record, Emmy's book "Newbies who bring great discussions to the madness - and Muffins" can be purchased on amazon.com through Muppet Central!
Yes, lol. And if you enter the code "3335EdeoL(09-3", you can get the book for the low, low, low price of $79.95.

Order today!

:big_grin: