Something that Annoys the Heck Outta Me..

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Luke,

I agree with your suggestions and we are working on some guidelines for the forum. When they are up we will welcome feedback from others on ways things can be improved.

The issue with "blank space" in posts has been addressed with a few members and we will continue to do so as necessary.

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by FellowWLover
You are kidding with this one right?

*points to some of Cory's own 3 am posts*

Come on.
You beat me to the punch. :big_grin: :wink:

Originally posted by Frogboy
There are several different people who do that. I agree, it's annoying. So all the beautiful people out there in the habbit of using too much space - please stop it.
Is that a typo by a Hobbit?:wink:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
complain complain complain...this must be the complain thread; so everyone start complaining, or if you've already complained, complain some more!!!!..just kidding...please don't hang me! haha

ryan

Manda:-D

Reaction score
Hey, let's not get mean here. I'm as much of a stickler for using proper English, (punctuation and capitals and such), as ANYONE, but there's no reason to be malevolent towards your fellow Muppet fans. Admittedly, I use some obnoxious gimmicks, (writing in all caps, stretching out words, using lots of question marks ands exclamation points), but I'm HERE to have FUN and talk about my Muppets! I do that stuff because I think it's FUN! I respect yall's opinions, and I understand, because many things you mentioned drive ME crazy, too, but you certainly could have presented it in a far more loving way, that's all. If anything, there needs to be a reminder on this forum to be kind and respectful towards each other. Now, I love you guys, and I think yall are wonderful people, so let's just all try to play nice! :big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I too, do not like when people have ultralong signatures. I mean, a couple of quotes, max... a website or two, but when we have all these

"BLAH BLAH BLAH"

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH

BLAH BUh-buh-buh-buh- Blah- BLAHY BLAHERSON

until you reach nine paragraphs of text later

BLAH BLAHDERSON

man, do not do that. I mean, do what I do and put them in rotation, or something...

I also do not like little twerps who come in here for no reason and start insulting everyone (two people come to mind, one had the common sense to butt out, though)

But as for typo's... I typo all the time. I mean, I forget to capitalise things, I misspell things, I DO THE BEST I CAN!!!!!!

And That's all I have to say about

that!

Boober_Baby

Reaction score
Originally posted by Luke
Other forums of this size have more specific 'rules' or at least a 'guide to ettiquete' - it's time Muppet Central did too. Obviously as Muppet fans we welcome each other in a Muppety way but i think also it would be in the same spirit that people made the forum as nice an experience for each other when it comes to useability. We need some kind of guidelines - for instance a limit on the lines in signatures, no flashing avatars
I completely agree with you, Luke. There should be some sort of guideline. It's true, there is no need for excessive use of space, as well as long winded signatures, but I don't think it needs to be brought up it such a harsh way as some of the members on this thread have done.

But as for the mis-use or lack of capital letters, spelling and grammar mistakes, come on guys. This ain't no English class.

^_^ Debo

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
i've been to other forums and i must say this is about the nicest, friendliest forum around. everyone has their own ideas and thoughts, but everybody is cool and everyone gets along...these little things like using to much space can get a little dumb, but this is a forum and i think people here can do anything they want to as long as it is appropriate. i even misspell from time to time and i try to fix it but it's not big deal to complain about little mistakes....like i said, this is a forum, so don't complain..

ryan