Something Amusing I've Been Wondering...

Speed Tracer

Reaction score
My dad said that when he saw it the first time in theaters, the projectionist actually turned the projector off when the film broke in the movie, to play a joke on the audience. Haha?

scottishpiggy

Reaction score
As many times as I have seen The Muppet Movie, I still get surprised at the breaking film scene. Gremlins 2: The New Batch has an identical sequence, where the gremlins have "invaded" the theatre, and are making hand puppets on the white screen. The film only resumes when patron Hulk Hogan stands up and demands that the gremlins continue with the film.
off topic again, but i was the same with gremlins, only i saw the original John Wayne version. not hulk hogan....weird.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
off topic again, but i was the same with gremlins, only i saw the original John Wayne version. not hulk hogan....weird.
Did you happen to see it on video? When Gremlins 2 came out on video, an alternate version of this scene was shot, to make it look as if the gremlins had tampered with the cassette.

The Hulk Hogan version was shown in theaters and on cable.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
I went to see Semi Pro a few weeks ago and they started playing the previews upside down