Something Amusing I've Been Wondering...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
If people saw The Muppet Movie for the first time in theaters, do you think some people were thinking something like "that **** projectionist ruined the film!" at the part where the film starts melting on-screen after Miss Piggy "stood Kermit up" in Dr. Krassman's "lab"?

Katzi428

Reaction score
If people saw The Muppet Movie for the first time in theaters, do you think some people were thinking something like "that **** projectionist ruined the film!" at the part where the film starts melting on-screen after Miss Piggy "stood Kermit up" in Dr. Krassman's "lab"?
Guilty as charged,Snowthers.In fact the whole theater groaned when that happened.

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
I can imagine that happening Snowthy and Kathy. After all it would be the natural assumption to make.

Incidentally Snowthy, what does ROFLMAO mean?

MartyMuppets

Reaction score
It means the following...

Rolling
On (the)
Floor,
Laughing
My
A**
Off.
Dear me. Then be careful you don't roll around laughing too hard to the point where it actually comes off. Then you'll have to stick it back in place with superglue.:big_grin: :smirk:

janicegroupie

Reaction score
When I first saw the movie on video I had problems where the first vhs i watched just broke at the restaurant scene so when I got a new vhs and made it past that scene and then saw the projectionist going out in the film I was thinking for a second it was yet another defective video. That is really funny to imagine a whole theater getting annoyed.

Winslow Leach

Reaction score
This is slightly off-topic, but related to film "breaking."

When I saw Peter Jackson's King Kong in the theatre, Kong had just escaped from the theatre and was terrorizing the streets of New York.

Just then the screen went completely blank.

The audience sat there for a few seconds. Was this part of the film? Did Kong take over the projection booth? Within a few minutes, the theatre manager came in, and told us all to file out calmly and slowly. There was apparently a fire in the building!:eek:

All 12 screens shut down, and most of us stood outside in the bitter December air for almost an hour. Finally, the manager told everyone to go home, the firemen were still going through the building, and it would be awhile before the films got up and running again. But he told us to hold onto our ticket stubs, and come back within the next week or so. We'd get free admittance.

As it turned out, there was no fire. Just a false alarm. I went back a couple days later, and got to see the whole film.

As many times as I have seen The Muppet Movie, I still get surprised at the breaking film scene. Gremlins 2: The New Batch has an identical sequence, where the gremlins have "invaded" the theatre, and are making hand puppets on the white screen. The film only resumes when patron Hulk Hogan stands up and demands that the gremlins continue with the film.

MrsPepper

Reaction score
When I saw the 3rd Austin Powers movie, that actually happened! They fixed it though, it took half an hour but I got to watch the movie. :smile:

I thought it would be so funny i f that happened in the theatre! I wonder if any other movies are like that?