So you want to audition for the Muppets?

Sweetums74

Reaction score
Question gets asked all of the time, but no one really ever has a definitive answer as to when or how... until now.

Guess what? Auditions are happening in New York, Los Angeles, and Toronto soon!

Heard about it last night and I was given a flyer.
It says:
The Most Sensational, Inspirational, Celebrational, Muppet-ational Opportunity
Seeking experienced puppeteers with improvisational and vocal skills. Relocation is not required, however you must be available to travel."

Then it gives the audition locations (no dates just yet) and says to call 407-828-1087 for more info.

Chris

-----------------------
Chris, sorry to barge into your post. Thank you SOOO much for gathering this information for us!!!
FIRST TIME READERS OF THIS THREAD:
All pertinent information has been gathered into one post which will be continuously updated here: http://forum.muppetcentral.com/showpost.php?p=300481&postcount=51
Thanks,
Kev/Fozzie Bear

Ryan

Reaction score
Do you have any more info, or do you have the actual flyer? I'll personally email you. Thanks!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh boy, this sounds cool! Let me ask a couple of questions too.

1. Is this for Jim Henson's Muppets, for Sesame Street, or both?
2. Is this another one of those "you must 18 or older" things?

Sweetums74

Reaction score
The audition is being hosted by the Muppet Holding Co. for the Muppets. Not sure if Children's Television Workshop is involved or not.

When you call, it does specify that you need to be at least 18. You can also leave a message at the number and they will call you back.

Chris

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Sweetums74,
This may be asking alot o f you, But it would mean a TREMENDOUS amount to me, If you would be so kind as to call and ask for their email address.

Id love to send an Audition tape (Or even Audition If Im in NY at the right time) But I do live in England, Id still love to participate.

Please help me.

Thank you!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Sweetums74 said:
The audition is being hosted by the Muppet Holding Co. for the Muppets. Not sure if Children's Television Workshop is involved or not.

When you call, it does specify that you need to be at least 18. You can also leave a message at the number and they will call you back.

Chris
Darn

and Darn!

I'm wanting to join the Sesame team, and I'm only 16. Oh well, I still have my PBS gig right now.

ToasterBoy

Reaction score
I called the number and listened to the message. It seems as if it'll be some sort of traveling company of "classic Muppets" it said one of the thing they are looking for is how well you can mimic classic muppet characters and improvisation skills."

I left my name for more info.

I'll let you know if they call back.

tinweirdo

Reaction score
WHOOPIE!! I'll be calling this weekend, I love the muppets I can mimic perfectly. Also I build and prefrom my own I've built 4 really good ones! :smile: :wink:

BEAR

Reaction score
D'Snowth said:
Darn

and Darn!

I'm wanting to join the Sesame team, and I'm only 16. Oh well, I still have my PBS gig right now.

What are you doing at PBS?

Beauregard

Reaction score
Whoah man!

Oh...darn, I'm under 18 and in the Uk....

*wonders off*

*runs back*

GOOD LUCK EVERYBODY!!!!!!