Sketch involving David and Maria

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
huummm how does that 1 go?
Well, we had Gordon, David, Bob (?), Susan, Maria, and one other woman whose name escapes me at the moment, and Mr. Hooper on piano. They were all dressed up in (for the men) formal jackets, shirts and black pants, and (for the ladies) white blouses and long black skirts.
They sang a song about "Water" on a sandy beach, then once the song ended, they ran into the water, fully dressed (although two of the males took off their jackets, and Mr. Hooper took off his pants).

ssetta

Reaction score
I don't know if you can see it where you live. But you don't have to worry about it, because Sesame Street Unpaved is GONE. :frown:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
rememeber this film where the 2 of them are probably in Central Pk and they're looking for each other and they were walking over and under the bridge? the film has music toit with no sound but you hear them talking. the film becomes fast then they finally meet and then the sound for the film comes on and i can't rememebr what they said to each other other than they're glad they finally met.

TravellingMatt

Reaction score
I remember this sketch well. The gag was recycled (somewhat) on "The Muppet Show" (Paul Simon ep) with Statler and Waldorf. Statler complains about how cold it is and asks Waldorf to bring him his coat...and Waldorf returns with a Muppet goat (same one that was used in the Julie Andrews ep).

Censored

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
rememeber this film where the 2 of them are probably in Central Pk and they're looking for each other and they were walking over and under the bridge? the film has music toit with no sound but you hear them talking. the film becomes fast then they finally meet and then the sound for the film comes on and i can't rememebr what they said to each other other than they're glad they finally met.

I remember that one. It was funny. David and Maria really worked well together.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
when i was young i rememebr an episode that aired in the mid 70s where David & Maria were going somewhere in the N.Y. area. it started out with them waiting for a subway train and as they were riding the train the SS theme was playing and ended up somewhere where you could see the N.Y.C. skyline. I forgot to mention Big Bird went with and 1 scene i rememebr is D&M were running along some walkway and BB shouts hwy wait for me! i'm not a roadrunner! can't rememebr much of this episode other than BB is taking kids on a tug boat ride and you heard him along with the kids singing a song wich i don't know the title though they're not singing it on camera.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
this also involved Big Bird. David's operating the store, he has this bad headache and I can't remember everything that was said. Big Bird was probably talking about David's situation, Maria decidedes to go and get him some asprin, but by that time David was feeling better. then the camera turned to BB and his beak had string tied to it so see couldn't speak.

Xerus

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
this also involved Big Bird. David's operating the store, he has this bad headache and I can't remember everything that was said. Big Bird was probably talking about David's situation, Maria decidedes to go and get him some asprin, but by that time David was feeling better. then the camera turned to BB and his beak had string tied to it so see couldn't speak.
Yes, I remember that skit with Big Bird shouting out loud to everyone, not to disturb David, not realizing he was making David's headache worse. David got desperate and tied Big Bird's beak closed.

Dantecat

Reaction score
What year was that skit and did David untied string from Big Bird's Beak?