Sketch involving David and Maria

Reaction score
I might have asked this before, but I have had no reply.
I am looking for a sketch involving David and Maria. It features David being stranded on a deserted island, then finding a genie (Maria) in a bottle who he releases. Realising he has now a chance to get off, he asks for a boat, only to get a fur coat and a goat. On his final wish, he gets his boat, but is a toy one. David asks for the genie to stay, but she disappears.
Does anyone have this sketch? Which episodes does it appear in?
Thanks.

Boober_Gorg

Reaction score
This one you're looking for is seen in #536, which was shown on Noggin a few times.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
that just reminds me rememebr theese other 2? 1st one i originally saw i think in the ealy 80s and i think it was repeated later in the decade were they were out 1 night, maybe were on their way to eat but Oscar had a dinning table set outside his can and they were dumb enough to sit down and have Oscar serve them dinner. well most evryting went well, food was good, however, little did those 2 know they was 2 shower fixtures above them. well i'll let you figure out what happened. >2nd 1 probably from the ealy 70s Maria was standing on David and Jerry Nelson was saying Maria is on David and at the end of his talk, maria says, david I thnk he's gone. david replies someing he driving me crazy. then Maris says i'll go order a pizza and David says don't worry i'll do it and goes leaving Maria suspended in mid air. >thpught i'd also add about the 2 of them, both Calloway and Manzano were born and grew up in N.Y. and read in the 1998 SSU book they both knew each other prior to SS having attended high school with each at the Brooklyn High School for the Performming Arts. both were born in 1950 and would of attended school at the same time and graduated the same year, 1968. of course that was a year before SS debuted but of courese they didn't join till 3 years later. but obviously the friendship started long before there time on SS.

Reaction score
Boober_Gorg said:
This one you're looking for is seen in #536, which was shown on Noggin a few times.
Thanks.
Anyone got that episode? I would like to see it, since where I live we only get recent episodes.

Reaction score
mikebennidict said:
that just reminds me rememebr theese other 2? 1st one i originally saw i think in the ealy 80s and i think it was repeated later in the decade were they were out 1 night, maybe were on their way to eat but Oscar had a dinning table set outside his can and they were dumb enough to sit down and have Oscar serve them dinner. well most evryting went well, food was good, however, little did those 2 know they was 2 shower fixtures above them. well i'll let you figure out what happened. >2nd 1 probably from the ealy 70s Maria was standing on David and Jerry Nelson was saying Maria is on David and at the end of his talk, maria says, david I thnk he's gone. david replies someing he driving me crazy. then Maris says i'll go order a pizza and David says don't worry i'll do it and goes leaving Maria suspended in mid air.
I remember those two-the second one more than the first.
I would say it would not have been the first time those two got wet. Remember the "Water" song?

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
The skit that you're talking about is on the Season Premiere 1973.

(I don't have it, but I guarantee you that a lot of members here do).

mikebennidict

Reaction score
huummm how does that 1 go? > also while were on the subject of David and Maria, rememebr this Maria skit were she demonstraited how tools are handy. she hammers a nail into the wall to hang a picture and shortly after that, the whole wall falls down. I was if the National Organization of Women got on the CTW for this. after all this one was also probably from the early 70s.

Don_Music_2004

Reaction score
Well in an episode from 1991 Biff was going to hang up the first dollar bill Mr. Handford ever made at the store, and he ended up destroying the whole store. So I don't think they were just doing that skit with Maria cause she was a woman. Just for basic Comic Relief like they did with Biff.