Since when does WMG own Sesame Street?

PumpkinJ

Reaction score
On the bright side, VeggieTales isn't being copyright-claimed anymore as of 2017 due to its cancellation and immense popularity. Now the polarity of copyright claims on THAT show switched to Sesame Street, and now Sesame Street had become the target of copyright claims. We can put those clips on Twitch.TV, but in case they MAY get taken down from there, your best bet is to download ALL the clips from there. I backed up all the 1969-1972 clips I found onto my harddrive, before WMG started pulling the clips from YouTube. I may consider reposting them to Twitch.TV sometime.

gravy

Reaction score
On the bright side, VeggieTales isn't being copyright-claimed anymore as of 2017 due to its cancellation and immense popularity. Now the polarity of copyright claims on THAT show switched to Sesame Street, and now Sesame Street had become the target of copyright claims. We can put those clips on Twitch.TV, but in case they MAY get taken down from there, your best bet is to download ALL the clips from there. I backed up all the 1969-1972 clips I found onto my harddrive, before WMG started pulling the clips from YouTube. I may consider reposting them to Twitch.TV sometime.
Twitch is NOT the solution. Twitch has a strict, if not stricter, policy on copyright. This won't help at all.

PumpkinJ

Reaction score
Twitch is NOT the solution. Twitch has a strict, if not stricter, policy on copyright. This won't help at all.
Dang. If WMG and Sesame Workshop have to keep reaching their hands onto these sites, your best bet is to save all the clips onto your harddrive. Every five years they'd come up on YouTube to take down and/or block clips.
On this video, some user by the name of Lucky Ducky pointed out in a YouTube comment saying:
  • "They aren't trying to abuse copyright, but they are. That's the issue. Copyright laws helps artists and creators protect their work, if you want to see a world without those laws, look at china. Not that the uploaders are wrong, I DO think they're doing a service to us by preserving the media. Instead, we need to point our fingers at the creators of the media for not preserving the media themselves!"
  • "Firstly, China's Copyright laws are so poor, they're basically nonexistent. Googling "Chinese video game knock offs", and see how media gets plagiarized and stolen in china. After you're done that, google around some more and you'll find out that in china people rip off more than just games, like actual SCULPTURES. They're designs are just lifted from the original creator, and used without permission. If the state owns everything, and they're letting people get away with this, then china has no copyright laws. Secondly, Copyright is objectively good. It protects people FROM having their designs and media plagiarized like in china. Give me one argument against that. Unbunch your underwear and look at the facts."
On a similar note, I remember reading that Paws, Inc. had filed a lawsuit against three Chinese companies for publishing unauthorized Garfield books. Along with that, I also remember that Epic Games had sued a 14-year-old for cheats on Fortnite, after he filed a DMCA counterclaim on YouTube.

CBPuppets

Reaction score
I just realized something, doesn't Twitch take down videos after being saved for a certain amount of time?

BuddyBoy600alt

Reaction score
I know on Youtube, They force us to watch "Happy Tree Friends: Youtube Copyright Lawsuit School" and take trivia questions on Copyright. And that happens when a video is blocked for copyright and we received a copyright strike.

gravy

Reaction score
I know on Youtube, They force us to watch "Happy Tree Friends: Youtube Copyright Lawsuit School" and take trivia questions on Copyright. And that happens when a video is blocked for copyright and we received a copyright strike.
Ah, I remember that! I got a strike once and I reluctantly sat watching that, watching what I already know...

They should switch back to the Glove and Boots one.

Any Del

Reaction score
.....And this is what I've been dealing with 3 weeks ago with my channel.

Everyone you just have to accept it as it is.