Since when does WMG own Sesame Street?

CBPuppets

Reaction score
Are you guys aware that suddenly WMG Is blocking Sesame Street Related Videos? a few minutes ago I wanted to watch a SS Clip and it said WMG Blocked it on Copyright Grounds. I found this video uploaded by buddlyboy600alt explaining this.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
:sigh:

1) this is already being discussed on the Sesame Street clips on YouTube thread.

2) again, considering Warner has the home video rights, they probably recently bought the music rights and have the right to block clips that have been released on album's.

Guys, if you're that curious to know if they own them or not, why not just contact Sesame Workshop and ask them yourselves? :rolleyes:

CBPuppets

Reaction score
Truth be told, I wasn't really aware of all this until now :cry:

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
Sorry, I'm just sick of people making up false assumptions and conspiracy theories that WMG is just doing this for fun when I'm sure there's actual legitimate copyright involved.

CBPuppets

Reaction score
Sorry, I'm just sick of people making up false assumptions and conspiracy theories that WMG is just doing this for fun when I'm sure there's actual legitimate copyright involved.
It's understandable :smile: Don't worry about it. I'm sure there's a good reason for this too

BuddyBoy600alt

Reaction score
That has been an issue. WMG did the same thing to Disney back in 2009. They claimed the themes to Ducktales, Chip 'N Dale Rescue Rangers, Talespin, Darkwing Duck, Goof Troop, Raw Toonage, Marsupilami, Bonkers, and so on.... The issue was WMG needed permission to use those Disney animated theme songs on their long out of print CD WMG made in 1999 called ToonTunes. WMG also claimed "Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego?" And that's not right ether. I remember this rant video about WMG claiming the show:

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
What's the cliff notes version of this? People are upset WMG is removing content they own from YouTube? What's wrong with that? That they only own half the video (the music)? To me, the solution would be to just mute the segments they own, but this whole thing has me confused. :confused:

Is it because Sesame Workshop was cool with people uploading skits, but then this little subsidiary gets their hands on the music and acts like jerks about it?

Last edited by a moderator:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This is a complete deja vu. WMG was doing the same thing to practically everyone nine and ten years ago, regardless of the property or franchise, and yes, that even included Muppet songs - the only difference is back then, WMG would simply mute the audio from the video rather than nuke them completely.

But hey, now this makes the jab I took at them in MORON LEAGUE SEQUEL relevent again!

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I remember there was one time I uploaded an old Little Jerry/Village People crossover drawing that no longer exists with "YMCA" playing and they made a copyright claim on it. Which confused me at the time and still does today cause I have found no relation with Warner owning any of their music.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I mean, it's just a business move: why would you buy their home video/CD when you could just watch it on YouTube, right?