Silly things you said, did, or thought as a kid

Misskermie

Reaction score
Not sure if this goes in friends & fam, but... hey! Still disscussion!

I was thinking that all of us say crazy things now, but what about when we didn't know any better.

Like, here's something:

I have a mole on my middle finger, and my dad used to say, "Jazmyne, show everyone your mole!"

I assume you know what I did.:embarrassed:

I also used to say, wooooooooooooow!

And I thought that monkey wrenches were monkey shaped wrenches.

What about you guys?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I used to think that the Guess Who game cards talked, because they did in the commercials (even though the announcer stated "game cards don't actually talk"... But I thought it meant regular playing game cards, not the Guess Who pieces). In fact I feel like one time, long before I actually played the game I had seen people playing the game in person and the cards actually spoke. I guess I must have dreamt that.

When The Muppet Show was broadcast on Nickelodeon, I often made my older cousins watch it with me, and they either didn't like the Muppets or hated the Muppets. One time one of my cousins remarked that he was going to call Nickelodeon and tell them to take the show off the channel and claim that I was scared of them. A few months later Nickelodeon cancled it's nighttime airing of the show (though it was still on Nick Jr., but I had school at that time) and I actually thought my cousin was responsible for Nickelodeon doing this.

I saw Batman Returns at the drive-in and fell asleep before it ended (and wouldn't see the whole film until 2004), but after seeing it in the drive-in I would for some reason tell people that the movie ended with Penguin and Catwoman robbing a bank. I don't know why I did this, but I did.

mr3urious

Reaction score
I used to think that the Guess Who game cards talked, because they did in the commercials (even though the announcer stated "game cards don't actually talk"... But I thought it meant regular playing game cards, not the Guess Who pieces). In fact I feel like one time, long before I actually played the game I had seen people playing the game in person and the cards actually spoke. I guess I must have dreamt that.
Why hasn't Hasbro made a talking version of Guess Who? I mean, they made one of Battleship!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Why hasn't Hasbro made a talking version of Guess Who? I mean, they made one of Battleship!
I'd want the card pieces to have mouth movement, which was what I expected (ignoring the fact that the talking faces in the commercials were obviously animated, seperately from the game pieces).

On the subject of merchandise, I saw a commercial for an elephant headed shower, which I guess you could just attach to a regular shower. I used to think these were more common than they actually were (I don't ever remember actually seeing on in person). I thought elephant showers were just as common as regular showers.

Some more things that I thought:

One of my friends had a WWF Wrestlemania video, which ended with a wrestling match between Hulk Hogan and Sgt. Slaughter. During this match, Hulk Hogan's face started to bleed. We used to joke that the blood came from Hulk picking his nose and somehow getting the blood all over his face.

I used to wonder how on Nickelodeon's Weinerville they "weinerized" the kids. I figured they wouldn't want outsiders to know how things worked, so I wondered how they could put human heads on puppet bodies without them actually knowing, thinking that the kids in the audience didn't know (of course I should have known Nickelodeon wouldn't be too concerned about spoiling the magic. This channel did air The Secrets of the Muppets, after all). One of my friends actually told me an explanation which I didn't fall for: Sometime before the show premiered, he sprayed some stuff on his hands and did something that would make his hands look smaller, and then would try to scare me by trying to spray that stuff on me. Anyway, he told me that they sprayed that stuff on the kids in the audience to turn them into half-puppets.

I always knew that touching power lines could kill you, but I used to think you could get killed just by touching something that had touched power lines. One time we were playing with a ball or frisbee or something, and it hit a power line, and we were briefly in disagreement over picking the item up. But then my friend picked it up and pretended that he got electrocuted by it.

You know that scene in A Muppet Family Christmas where Gonzo and Animal end up having to sleep on hangers? For years I thought sleeping on hangers was a normal way to sleep, even though I never tried it (I think I wanted to try it, though). I noticed how Gonzo and Animal were on the hangers in different ways, Gonzo having his body through the hanger and Animal hanging from it by his hands. Due to Floyd saying "that's the only way Animal ever sleeps", I thought that meant that Gonzo was sleeping on a hanger the "proper" way and Animal's way was a silly way.

Due to seeing it happen so much in The Muppet Movie and cartoons and such, I used to think it was normal to fly in the air by holding onto balloons.

And finally (for now), I used to think it was possible to stretch arms and legs out the way Gonzo's arms and legs occasionally got stretched. One time in third grade I asked some of my classmates to stretch my arms and legs out. Needless to say they refused.