Should Disney update MV3D?

Muppets1985

Reaction score
I was just thinking IF Disney does get Henson, Do you think Disney should Update MV3D with NEW stuff in it?

What are your thoughs?

scarecroe

Reaction score
I'd hate to see it replaced (I've only seen it the one time I've made it to Fla.), but it would be cool if they did a new companion piece that would run alongside the existing one or something. Or even if they did make an all new feature, maybe it could run throughout 60% of the day, while the original ran 40%.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I agree with scarecrow. Though I've never been to Disney in my life. I went to SIx Flags last year, but that's not close! What I want to see is a redone set of Beany Bag character (featuring a much better Kermit, obviously!) and some new merchandise. Like a Pepe or Scooter doll! But I don't have the old stuff yet!

radionate

Reaction score
Don't they have a Scooter Beanbag at WDW?

I haven't been to WDW since the 80's, so I haven't seen MV3D, but I would hope that they would only add a scene or two, and not get rid of one of Jim's last performances.

Foreignman

Reaction score
Guys, you have to see it, it is, in my oppinion, one of the greatest pieces of Muppet work, EVER! Disney would not do the 40/60 % thing, I know them too well, they just wouldn't. What they have done with certain rides, like the Tiki Room, is updated the one in Disney World and kept it as it was in Disney Land. So I'm thinking, if they did, maybe they could update the Muppet Vision 3D attraction in Disney World, and leave the one in California Adventure in tact. I think that would be ideal, anyway, realistically, I doubt the money hungry people at Disney would be willing to update Muppet Vision 3D, not enough increase in profits quick enough. Disney needs imediate profits with minimum expenses, if they did do it, chances are they wouldn't update it well. Well, whatya gonna do? I love Disney World and Disney Land, right now I don't love Disney, I can't wait till I run the company and I can change things for the better.

radionate

Reaction score
I also don't think that the movie is "dated" enough for them to update it. Most of the major updates come from fears that the ride/attraction isn't "current" enough. i.e. Pirates being "sexist". I think that for the time being they will leave well enough alone.

The other possibility is that they will create a holiday MV3D, to play in the winter months, much like they did with the various Country Bear Jamboree shows. (I still can't believe they closed down one of my favorite disney shows of all time!)

beaker

Reaction score
Well disney's judgement as of late has been far from clear(cheapquels, grosteque bear jamboree film, lilo and stitch?)

I have only seen a really crappy bootleg of mv3d(anyone have a nice 2d transfer of it?) Sadly, Calif Adv charges you an insane amount, even if ya just wanna see MV3D...so sadly I missed out.

I wish more people could experience MV3D as I hear its awesome.

Are you guys talking about a new MV3D piece? that would be cool! An expansion to V3D area would be great as well.

///beaker///