Sesame's Dr. Phil parody to premiere February 20

annegirl

Reaction score
Just got my Dr. Phil weekly guide, and the muppets are supposed to be on Fri. Feb. 20th ....... sure hope so! :excited:

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Here's what his Web site has to say...

Spend the Day With Dr. Phil
Dr. Phil takes viewers behind the scenes of his life. Out of thousands of e-mails, Dr. Phil hand-picked a few viewers to spend the day with him and see what he does when he's not on stage, including his guest appearances, photo shoots and interviews. See Dr. Phil's other business in Houston, and a night out on the town! Plus, the Muppets visit Dr. Phil and introduce the newest character on Sesame Street — "Dr. Feel"!
http://www.drphil.com

The new Sesame character "Dr. Feel" is one of several new parody characters that will be in season 35. This is from last month's announcement about the new season.

In addition, Sesame Street creates some A-list celebrity characters of their own by playing off some of pop culture’s news-making icons – new original parodies include Dr. Feel (Dr. Phil), Joe Hundred Guy (Joe Millionaire), TriangleBob Trianglepants (Spongebob Squarepants), and a parody of The Tonight Show.
http://www.muppetcentral.com/news/2004/011304.shtml

Whatever

Reaction score
I know I'm an ignoramus, but who is Dr Phil?

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
You're better off not knowing.

*Whinces in anticipation of being pelted with vegtables by angry Dr. Phil fans.

Actually, he's a psychologist from Texas who got "bored" with his regular practice, became a jury consultant, helped Oprah win a lawsuit, became a guest on her show and now he's got his own show. He's extremely popular but most doctors are extremely critical of his methods, and rightly so. I don't agree with his approach, but he's definately entertaining.

`Ya got love anybody who has his own Muppet! :smile:

Erine81981

Reaction score
So the SS muppets will be on Dr. Phil Feb 20?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I think his hard-hitting "truths" about people when he's 'helping' them is kinda harsh, but sometimes folks thinks it's the best way of dealing with problems. I suppose that it's better than asking over and over again, "So, how does that make you feel? Mm-hmm, and how does THAT make you feel? Mm-hmm. How do you feel about that? Mm-hmm." I hate therapists who do that! Dr. Phil is also egotistical nowadays it seems to me, but I might be wrong.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Erine81981 said:
So the SS muppets will be on Dr. Phil Feb 20?
Yep. Should be an interesting pairing to say the least.

muppet maniac

Reaction score
Wow.This sounds great!

Is there a picture of Dr.Feel anywhere?

Drtooth

Reaction score
NUTS!!! He enjoyed it! It's always a bad sign when the real person likes the parody... j/k :halo: