Sesame Workshop/Shout! Factory Deal

minor muppetz

Reaction score

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I rented a digital copy of Potty Time Plus and added a full content rundown on the wiki.

I had not seen Elmo's Potty Time before, so it was interesting. I'd say the video is just okay (even if Frank Oz performed Grover in new content here). Have any of the segments been used on the show? The wiki doesn't list firsts for those, some kind of look early 1990s but I am not sure and I don't recall seeing any of those. Seems odd they would create so many new animation and film bits just for the video (I think Being Green did the same thing).

I'm guessing the Elmo's Potty Time video is unaltered, complete with end credits, and then we get the extra stuff (and a new set of end credits), seemingly a second home video compilation. While the main feature was made before the switch to HD, everything added is in high definition widescreen. As I was adding to the wiki, I found that many of the segments that follow the street scenes first appeared in said episodes, which gets me wondering if these should be counted as heavily edited versions of full episodes (to just include the segments pertaining to the daily routine of the street story). That is in addition to some web-created content (including three Sesame Studios shorts) and a handful of inserts that I think debuted on the show (such as Elmo and Abby imagining brushing their teeth and Elmo showing a checklist of his daily routine while singing "Rock a Bye Baby").

I figured we wouldn't get any classic clips (would have been cool to have Breakfast Time, or Ernie plans a bath, or Kids Just Love to Brush), though it is a shame it doesn't have any additional fullframe bits outside of Elmo's Potty Time.

Interestingly, the Muppets trademark credit in this is now listed as going to Disney Enterprises, when previously it was Muppets Holding Company or Muppets Studio. Not sure if this trademark credit has been used on recent Sesame Street stuff, though I feel like for the last seevral years they had not been using a trademark credit for the Muppet name (the last few Sesame Street DVD releases that feature Kermit content actually don't list a trademark credit for the character.... I should check back and see if those do still have a "Muppet is a trademark of...." even without a Kermit trademark).

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I had not seen Elmo's Potty Time before, so it was interesting. I'd say the video is just okay (even if Frank Oz performed Grover in new content here). Have any of the segments been used on the show? The wiki doesn't list firsts for those, some kind of look early 1990s but I am not sure and I don't recall seeing any of those. Seems odd they would create so many new animation and film bits just for the video (I think Being Green did the same thing).
IIRC, there's two song segments on that video that came from the show; all the rest are original to that video.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Shout! just announced on its Facebook page (haven’t seen a Wiki page yet) a November release called My Favorite Holidays.

Considering there’s been so many episodes (not specials) in the last few years involving specific holidays, this is a good idea.

and I hope it has both the News segments involving Santa Claus (the first would be more appropriate for a release focusing on multiple holidays).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've known this for a while and keep forgetting to report it here, but the next release, coming January 31, is Furry Friends Forever.

I am not sure what the main program is, something animated with Elmo and Tango. I would think the recent Furry Friends Forever: Elmo Gets a Puppy special, but Muppet Wiki says that is a bonus feature.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I am not sure what the main program is, something animated with Elmo and Tango. I would think the recent Furry Friends Forever: Elmo Gets a Puppy special, but Muppet Wiki says that is a bonus feature.
It looks like just whatever they made with the two from the last season or so.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The next release, coming August 18, is Elmo and Abby's Amazing Adventures. Looks like it's primarily a release of animated segments, along with some live action segments.

Considering this and the recent Elmo and Tango release, I have a feeling that most upcoming Sesame Street video releases will heavily focus on segments where familiar characters appear in animated form. I hope I am wrong, we'll have to wait and see.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I'm a little late on reporting this, but on October 10 there will be a Christmas-themed release, Elmo's Holiday Spectacular, which is a triple feature of Elmo's Nutcracker, Elmo Saves Christmas, and Elmo's Christmas Countdown.

WazzupMyBoyz

Reaction score
With Sesame Street's 55th anniversary next year, there should be a DVD box set similar to both 40 Years of Sunny Days and 50 Years and Counting. I think that set should be called Sesame Street: 55th Anniversary Collection.

eurbane

Reaction score
I got Elmo's Holiday Spectacular last month and it was great. I just notice some things, No Charles Blitzen reports on the stolen new years eve ball at times square during the credits still, and the credits to Elmo Saves Christmas replaces all the CTW mentions with Sesame Workshop.