Sesame Workshop/Shout! Factory Deal

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Next DVD release, coming November 23, is Wonderful World of Friends. When I saw it noted on the wiki under "recent changes", I wondered if it'd be like a follow-up to Best of Friends, or maybe themed around episodes and segments based on friendship. But when I looked in the Sesame Street Videography and saw the cover, I immediately realized that it's a release heavily involving episodes and segments with Muppets from the various international versions of the show. After season 50 had a selection of episodes with those characters, I was thinking there should be such a DVD.

Interesting that the full-length bonus video is the special The Magical Wand Chase, which came out a few years ago. I still haven't seen the special, I guess if I haven't picked up the video now I'll wait for this DVD.

Speaking of which, does anybody know if Cool Counting Collection actually came to DVD? I haven't seen a physical copy in stores (not that I'm interested in a physical copy of that one).
EDIT TO ADD: Okay, looks like I'm a little wrong. I was thinking all the episodes would be ones involving international characters, looking at the page again and at the pages for episodes confirmed for inclusion, it looks like it's more episodes about international customs than ones with those characters (I think one of them at least has international characters).

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
If Sesame and Shout are still making DVDs, what in the world prevented them from putting the Wish Pickle special on DVD?
I couldn't have said it better myself. I really enjoyed it and I don't get why it still hasn't been released on DVD...

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
The only thing I could see is the lack of demand possibly I don’t know

minor muppetz

Reaction score
On February 1 comes Elmo's World: All Around the Neighborhood.

I was hoping the next Elmo's World release would be themed around Elmo's World: Monster Edition. Looks like at least a few of those will be included, I guess I was hoping for a release themed exclusively around all of those.

A bonus feature is the Grover's Jobs Through the Years mash-up YouTube video. An interesting choice, though I'd rather have several complete segments spotlighting Grover's various jobs (but it is not "Grover's World"). Then again, a title like "All Around the Neighborhood" sounds more like it should be a compilation spotlighting segments taking place at various parts of Sesame Street.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
I was hoping the next Elmo's World release would be themed around Elmo's World: Monster Edition. Looks like at least a few of those will be included, I guess I was hoping for a release themed exclusively around all of those.
There are only 5 of them. That would be an extremely short DVD.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Oh. I was thinking there had been more. So I guess they either repeated those five a lot or continued with the regular (revival) Elmo’s World format.

And I started thinking there could be a Elmo’s World: Monster Edition DVD filled with tons of monster segments.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
On June 7, there's gonna be Potty Time Plus! Getting Ready with Elmo, which will be a reissue of Potty Time with Elmo but also include additional street stories, segments, and other things.

I wonder if this could be a new trend for videos, reissuing older ones with "PLUS" added to the title and having additional segments.

The video focuses on daily routine.... Not sure how likely this one is to have classic clips, but I hope it has Breakfast Time.