Sesame Workshop/Shout! Factory Deal

MrMuppet93

Reaction score
You mean 50th?
I mean for the 40th anniversary Christmas eve on sesame street special (1978) since it will happen this year, not Sesame Street in general. If .Sesame Street as a whole's official 50th special happens, my wish is they use the 1969 NET logo as well as the '69-'71 placeholder PBS logo (dig it up from the vaults, even though it's on youtube).

Speaking of logos, it would be nice if Christmas Eve on Sesame Street would also restore not only the '71 PBS logo, but the late 70s CTW logo as well as seen on the 1987 VHS. Fundings are no problem either as they were intact on every VHS and DVD release.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Considering how a lot of the original cast members have stated that Christmas Eve on Sesame Street is one of their favorite moments from the show's almost 50 year history, I think it would be neat if they could not only release a 40th anniversary edition of the DVD, but also include interviews with Bob, Loretta, Roscoe, Sonia, Caroll, and basically anyone who was involved with the special that's still around (and are able to come into the studio) and have them talk about what it was like to film this special and whatnot.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Today I got the Elmo Explores DVD.

I don't know whether people were wondering or if it was just me, but the three classic Elmo's World episodes selected as bonus features are the original edits as opposed to five-minute cropped-to-widescreen edits (I don't really know off-hand if they made such edits to those particular episodes yet, for a while I've felt that Muppet Wiki should do something to indicate if there is an "HD edit").

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Considering how a lot of the original cast members have stated that Christmas Eve on Sesame Street is one of their favorite moments from the show's almost 50 year history, I think it would be neat if they could not only release a 40th anniversary edition of the DVD, but also include interviews with Bob, Loretta, Roscoe, Sonia, Caroll, and basically anyone who was involved with the special that's still around (and are able to come into the studio) and have them talk about what it was like to film this special and whatnot.
I would love to see if Frank Oz does an interview about Christmas Eve On Sesame Street.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The next Sesame release, which will also be the first release for 2019, will be called Celebrating Family, which will include a number of fairly recent family-focused episodes, such as the introduction of Rudy (which I figured would be included once I saw the title, before I read the description), plus a full-hour episode, the Elmo's World: Families episode, and a Sesame Studios short.

It would have been great if, as a bonus, they included the storyarc with Miles being adopted (or at least his first appearance), the episode where Gabbi is born, and the episodes where Gina adopts Marco. Not to mention the home video A New Baby in My House (though they haven't included any out-of-print VHS releases as bonus videos). But this does sound like an exciting release.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
The next release is Awesome Alphabet Collection on May 7.

Muppet Wiki doesn't have any info on content yet, but the cover features Elmo and Abby Cadabby. I really hope this one has a wide range of alphabet-related segments from the shows 50-year-history, but the last several alphabet-themed videos haven't really had much early content (maybe if you consider the late-1990s "early"... and even then that might depend on the year of release). I feel like the title works well as either a release for the shows target audience or for collectors.

It could primarily be street stories involving the alphabet/letters, or it could just be widescreen segments (and I can't think of many particularly good letter/alphabet segments produced in widescreen... I do hope Super K Cereal finally gets a DVD release with this).

Another possibility I thought up: This could be a release of existing videos involving the alphabet, like Learning About Letters, The Alphabet Game (how likely at this point?), Do the Alphabet, and others. Probably not, though (aside from maybe an existing home video as a bonus).

If the main program is exclusively widescreen segments, as has been the case with Sesame Street videos from the last few years, I hope they can at least give us 26 or so bonus full frame segments. Though in the last year or two it seems the only fullframe content released as bonus features have been classic Elmo's World (and maybe some of the bonus full-length videos).

I kinda hope there'll be an "Awesome Numbers Collection" counterpart (regardless of what kind of release this is).

Muzzarino

Reaction score
Although episodes are remastered, are they also cropped with vert- widescreen scaling?

Muzzarino

Reaction score
Today I got the Elmo Explores DVD.

I don't know whether people were wondering or if it was just me, but the three classic Elmo's World episodes selected as bonus features are the original edits as opposed to five-minute cropped-to-widescreen edits (I don't really know off-hand if they made such edits to those particular episodes yet, for a while I've felt that Muppet Wiki should do something to indicate if there is an "HD edit").
They had to be cropped in a Vert- (vertical minus) scale behavior since the old Elmo's World episodes weren't taped in widescreen which could have been nice if all old media were taped that way so they can be un-cropped.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
They had to be cropped in a Vert- (vertical minus) scale behavior since the old Elmo's World episodes weren't taped in widescreen which could have been nice if all old media were taped that way so they can be un-cropped.
Yeah, those were presented in fullframe instead of widescreen (it is interesting that they continue to release the fullframe versions). If they're hesitant about releasing things where some is presented in widescreen and some in fullframe, it'd be great if they could at least put more fullframe stuff as bonus features.