Sesame went down hill when Elmo came on the scene

hitmansb

Reaction score
Elmo is sickening...but so are alot of the other new characters. In Canada, they even brough in bilingual characters...which aggravates me, seeing as how I dont' agree with the way French is shoved down all of our throats in this country. I can only hope that the old Sesame Street material become available on DVD in the near future, so that when I have children they will be able to see the best product. CTW could make a killing releasing DVD boxed sets like "The Complete Ernie and Bert", "The Complete Cookie Monster", ect. ect. Put all of the classic characters' skits into DVD boxed sets, and they'd be flying off of the shelves!

Dr. Bombay

Reaction score
Elmo didn't bug me so much until Elmo's world started. I think SS started going down hill when they brought in Ruth Buzzi. I really like her but I hated that there was a whole new side to SS with the new stores and people that hadn't been there before and I knew they threw it in just to make something new....

....what I think the Children's Television Workshop should do is have a program where we can customize our own SS episode on DVD by choosing what 'commericials' and skits we would like on it.

ssetta

Reaction score
Or better yet, I think they should have a DVD collection of every Sesame Street episode ever made!

scarecroe

Reaction score
ssetta said:
Or better yet, I think they should have a DVD collection of every Sesame Street episode ever made!
Wait another 15 years when the Media Cube is released to the public, capable of storing over 5,000 hours of video content in perfect quality on one module.

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
scarecroe said:
Janice sucks :attitude:
Hey now!

What I said wasn't meant to be a direct insult to you or a Muppety loved one! lol

Okay, okay, if Gillian likes Elmo, then that's cute...and I can take him in SMALL DOSES (like ol' Quinny)---but for the most part, he ain't on my side.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Janice & Mokey's Man said:
...and I can take him in SMALL DOSES (like ol' Quinny)---but for the most part, he ain't on my side.
I too can take Elmo in small doses, but he can be really grating after a while. I have a pretty low tolerance for "Elmo's World" - I think it's WAY longer than it ought to be. "Does anyone else know something about socks?" "Let's see what's on the Sock Channel!" "Elmo wants to know EVEN MORE about socks, don't you?" Ermmmm, not really. Sheesh!

But NOBODY, in my opinion, is as annoying as Baby Bear. :rolleyes:
Erin

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think the blaime lies within crappy Nick Jr. Toy related Baby shows like Blues Clues, Maisy (the poorly drawn salt rat), etc. Mindless, semi educational drivel that is bland and unappealing to anyone over the age of 3, because work a day parents can't afford to spend time sitting down with kids and teaching them, themselves, greedily trying to get more greedy Me stuff like SUV's. Because of this, younger kids started watching TV, but they didn't get the complexities of any sort of plot nor satire driven characters like Guy Smiley, Sherlock Hemlock, etc. So they watch basically flashy, lame rediculous stuff like Blues Clues, which inspired JTE and Elmo's world. Not to mention all those overpaid child psycologists had to rear in and say that characters shouldn't say "Darn" because it will lead them on the road to swearing, and they shouldn;t throw pies in faces or bang heads, because violence on TV makes little kids want to perform violent acts at home.

You see, Elmo is a scape Goat! If they was no Elmo, some other character would have a part off the show, and people would complain about that.

Don't blame Elmo! Blaime stuffy educators, Psycologists, and latchkey Kid's parents who don't treat kids seriously, and talk down to them...