"Sesame Street's 50th Anniversary Celebration" special to air November 9 on HBO and November 17 on PBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
So do we know when the pledge-drive 50th anniversary special will air? Cause if it's different from this, I don't wanna miss it.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
So do we know when the pledge-drive 50th anniversary special will air? Cause if it's different from this, I don't wanna miss it.
I haven't seen anything about it other than the one news blurb. I'll ask someone tomorrow.

ssetta

Reaction score
I was actually going to point out that PBS lists the special as being an hour long, while HBO says it’s only 45 minutes. So I wonder if maybe the PBS airing will have a pledge segment.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I was actually going to point out that PBS lists the special as being an hour long, while HBO says it’s only 45 minutes. So I wonder if maybe the PBS airing will have a pledge segment.
Amazon lists the DVD release run time as 75 minutes. So either that's incorrect, or it will have some sort of bonus features. Or maybe the DVD will be expanded.

Great to finally see some footage.... and yet no clips in the promo, just new footage.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
God, when was the last time Ernie played his sax?

The plot of the street sign missing is something I realize is not a big deal as an adult, but it would've made me lose my mind as a kid.

Oh my...they're bringing back THIS SONG...
I'll be ****** if Joe didn't have a signature sound... so bittersweet. Not only was the humor for adults back in the day on SS, but even the music was more sophisticated than half the stuff on the radio. I have to imagine he was influenced by Burt Bacharach.

Status
Not open for further replies.