Sesame Street Special "When You Wish Upon a Pickle"

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Do we know for sure that that was Eric Jacobson doing Guy Smiley's singing voice in the closing number? Considering Peter Linz has taken over as Link Hogthrob and did Captain Vegetable in the 50th anniversary special, I wonder if he might have done it, since Guy's singing voice is similar to those voices.

Then again, his Oscar does sound very close to Caroll Spinney's, with no hint of his Frank Oz voices, so maybe it was Eric doing both the speaking and singing.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Thinking about it, this special feels the most to me what the show would be like if it wasn't broken up into multiple inserts, more than any of the past specials.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Thinking about it, this special feels the most to me what the show would be like if it wasn't broken up into multiple inserts, more than any of the past specials.
Agreed. It felt like one long street story in a way. I actually commented on that possibly being an option for the show on Muppet Mindset's stream about the future of the Muppets, if they ever needed to drastically change their format.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
The special aired unaltered on PBS, a first for HBO produced Sesame specials. It still isn't on DVD, even though it was supposed to be last week. Does Shout Factory respond to customer questions? I tweeted at them and they haven't replied.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The fantastic 2018 special "When You Wish Upon a Pickle" finally premieres on PBS this Monday July 13. Tune in and let us know your thoughts.

Oh, it's a movie now? It's like nobody can make up their minds whether SS or Muppet productions are movies or specials (cough)KSY, VMX, and MOZ(cough).