Sesame Street Season 9 Episode 1094 - Mr. Hooper Learns to Surf

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 1094 - Mr. Hooper Learns to Surf
HBO Max Premiere: Wednesday May 27, 2020

On their quest to find Mount Snuffleupagus, Big Bird, Snuffy and some kids see Mt. Sleeping Giant which looks like a giant man sleeping. During a rainstorm, Keola stays under cover and sings "Three Blind Mice" with the children. Much to his chagrin, Oscar learns that "aloha" means nice things. Mr. Hooper tries surfing in the ocean. Later, he and Bob swim and play with the children in the ocean! Kapono counts to ten in Hawaiian. Snuffleupagus gets homesick after speaking to his mommy on the phone. Back at the beach, Maria and Bob see many shells. Oscar learns about seashells and plays a prank on Maria. When she looks at the shell, it squirts water in her face! Big Bird finally sees Mt. Snuffleupagus! Just as Snuffy leaves, the adults find Big Bird and tell him it is time to go home.

1978 | 59 MIN

Watch on HBO Max

Muppet Wiki Guide

If you've seen "Mr. Hooper Learns to Surf" on HBO Max please like this post and share your thoughts below.

YellowYahooey

Reaction score
Even though I live in Canada, I did manage to subscribe to HBO Max recently. I must say, I really am enjoying the 1970s and 1980s episodes greatly, though I have to admit, I never got accustomed to the show until just before the point that Season 11 started.

One thing I should point out about one of the segments on Episode 1094, is the "Things that begin with G" word showcase film. It turns out that HBO Max edited out the mention and illustration of go-go dancers. Don't know why this is the case, but it could be due to being so outdated and too 1960s for today's younger viewers.