Sesame Street Season 54 Episode 5401 - Can They Be Friends?

What do you think of the new Sesame Street Nature Explorers segment?

• The new Nature Explorers is a slight improvement

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sesame Street's 54th season officially begins this Thursday on Max. New episodes will debut on Thursdays through July 2024. The Season 54 episodes are scheduled to air on PBS stations across the country beginning September 2024 after the season concludes on Max. This is the fourth season that will premiere exclusively on a streaming service.

Season 54 features:
  • A continued focus on helping kids develop healthy self-identity and a sense of belonging in full celebration of their race, ethnicity, and culture

• A new recurring animated segment, "Sesame Street Nature Explorers," featuring Elmo and Tango with Gabrielle and her grandma Nell
  • New Muppets TJ (Yinan Shentu), Lalo (Andrew Cano), and Yasmine (Leila Ghaznavi)
  • Featured guest stars Quinta Brunson, Brandi Carlile, Eugene Cordero, Ariana DeBose, Dan Levy, and Kal Penn
After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

If you plan to watch Sesame Street Season 54, please like this post. This thread will be open for posting on Thursday morning.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 5401 - Can They Be Friends?
Max Premiere: Thursday, November 9, 2023

Reporter Grover learns that people can be friends even if they are different ages, cheer for different sports teams and like doing different things.

This episode features an all-new street story, Celebrating Me, Celebrating You, Celebrating Us ("Making Drawings"), Ariana DeBose sings about friends, Cookie Monster's Foodie Truck ("Mung Beans"), and the premiere of Sesame Street Nature Explorers ("Monarch Butterfly").

If you saw "Can They Be Friends?" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

80sMuppetFan

Reaction score
I loved everything about it. It was great seeing Gordon back. I'm happier than I've been in years. That's a really nice treat for us classic fans and he can be a good mentor and grandfather figure to kids watching the show today. I loved the storyline about how different people with different interests can be friends. I loved Grover as the reporter but it's too bad Kermit's not still on the show because he would have been great in that role. Oh well, I'm just grateful we got Gordon back after a 7 year absence. It's funny we have had Muppet characters return after years of being gone but never a human character. Unless you count the time Lillias White came back in season 37 for one episode and played a different character. Sesame Street nature explorers is a fantastic segment. I'm looking forward to seeing more of those. This is the best season premiere in a while. Gonna be a great season.

eurbane

Reaction score
The cold open in the episode is the same that opened season 50 and let’s not mention the Wonderful World of Friends dvd. Gordon’s back, that’s good. We found out friends can like things and in ages as well. We got a catchy new song from Ariana DeBose. In the foodie truck segment, we made vietnamese spring rolls using mung bean sprouts. We were introduced with a new segment called Nature Explorers where Elmo, Gabrielle and Tango find butterflies. I forgot the celebrating me, celebrating you, celebrating us tagline sounds different than last seasons.

Last edited:

eurbane

Reaction score
Would anybody see ”Wish” in movie theaters because of Ariana DeBose’s appearance yesterday?

CrashMon24

Reaction score
I really liked this episode it felt really good and it felt like a normal classic sesame episode with out the stupid I wonder what if let’s try stuff and Gordon appearance and him singing was a nice way to make it feel like normal sesame again I hope he’s in more episodes besides this one

80sMuppetFan

Reaction score
I really liked this episode it felt really good and it felt like a normal classic sesame episode with out the stupid I wonder what if let’s try stuff and Gordon appearance and him singing was a nice way to make it feel like normal sesame again I hope he’s in more episodes besides this one
He's in the closing credits so I think he's back as a regular cast member. I'm very happy about this. It's nice to see an older human cast member in the new episodes. Gives it that classic vibe we've been missing for a long time.