Sesame Street Season 52 Episode 5201 - Elmo Builds a Robot Dog

What do you think of the new Elmo & Tango's Mysterious Mysteries segment?

• The new Elmo & Tango's Mysterious Mysteries is a slight improvement

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Elmo & Tango's Mysterious Mysteries is about the same as Elmo's World

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sesame Street's 52nd season officially begins this Thursday on HBO Max. New episodes are scheduled to debut on Thursdays through July 2022. The Season 52 episodes are slated to air on PBS stations across the country beginning September 2022 after the season concludes on HBO Max. This is the second season that will premiere exclusively on a streaming service.

Season 52 features:
  • Seven of the thirty-five episodes were filmed on location, including a five-episode story with Elmo and friends on a farm, filmed at Harvest Moon Farm and Orchard in North Salem, New York

• Elmo's new puppy Tango that premiered in "Furry Friends Forever: Elmo Gets a Puppy" will join him in a new animated segment "Elmo & Tango's Mysterious Mysteries" (replacing "Elmo's World")

• Tamir (Tau Bennett), an eight-year-old Muppet boy, introduced in "The Power of We" special will be joining the regular cast

• Two racial justice-themed episodes will debut, Martin Luther King Day (Thursday, January 13), in which Elmo, Tamir, and friends make a Peace Tree to celebrate Dr. King’s legacy, and Let’s Grow Together (Thursday, February 17), where Alan shares his Japanese American heritage with the Sesame Street cast as they learn to make pickled daikon for the community garden food stand

• The second year of the curriculum focus on playful problem-solving as today’s preschoolers commonly lack curiosity, creativity, and perseverance in the face of challenges

• The second year of the recurring segment, “I Wonder, What If, Let’s Try” will highlight the thinking process in creative playful problem-solving

• Featured guest stars are Jon Batiste, Billie Eilish, Amanda Gorman, Astronaut Dr. Mae Jemison, Kacey Musgraves, Naomi Osaka, Anderson .Paak, and Keke Palmer
After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

If you plan to watch Sesame Street Season 52, please like this post. This thread will be open for posting Thursday morning.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 5201 - Elmo Builds a Robot Dog
HBO Max Premiere: Thursday November 11, 2021
PBS Premiere: Monday, September 12, 2022

Elmo, Tamir, and Alan build a robot dog for Norbert the Robot, but the tail isn’t upright and “waggedy” like Tango’s tail. What if they use a wooden paint brush and wrap it with shiny foil? Let’s try!

This episode features an all-new street story, I Wonder, What If, Let’s Try ("Building a Robot Dog"), Abby's Amazing Adventures ("Robot Builders"), and a new Elmo & Tango's Mysterious Mysteries ("Music Robot").

If you saw "Elmo Builds a Robot Dog" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
More of the same, it seems. Tango's cute though.

I'm not sure I like that we've returned to "a good chunk of the show is animated versions of the characters," especially because neither of the shorts are as entertaining as Abby's Flying Fairy School or B&E's Great Adventures. At least the Elmo/Tango short involves other Muppet characters a little.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I like the idea of Norbert being a recurring character, as D'Snowth said, Marty can take anything and make it an interesting character. I just hope Telly's not gone for good. The song in the street story was really good. The new Elmo and Tango segment seems like fun so far. We'll have to wait and see if this really is an EW replacement, they might alternate with new ones that might have been filmed for this season.

sesamegirl

Reaction score
I like the idea of Norbert being a recurring character, as D'Snowth said, Marty can take anything and make it an interesting character. I just hope Telly's not gone for good. The song in the street story was really good. The new Elmo and Tango segment seems like fun so far. We'll have to wait and see if this really is an EW replacement, they might alternate with new ones that might have been filmed for this season.
Yeah! That’s what I was trying to say!

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Woo-hoo! Now to throw a #ElmosWorldRebootIsOverParty.
Just to be clear, Sesame Workshop plans to air "Elmo & Tango's Mysterious Mysteries" at the end of the show in effect replacing "Elmo's World" in those episodes. However, Elmo's World will continue airing in other episodes that do not include "Elmo & Tango's Mysterious Mysteries".

sesamegirl

Reaction score
Just to be clear, Sesame Workshop plans to air "Elmo & Tango's Mysterious Mysteries" at the end of the show in effect replacing "Elmo's World" in those episodes. However, Elmo's World will continue airing in other episodes that do not include "Elmo & Tango's Mysterious Mysteries".
Uh ok? Will they be new Elmos world episodes?

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
I understood that. I just doubt they’ll make any more new EWs.