Sesame Street Season 51 News and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Nothing on Sesame Street is permanent. The changes we have now are only 4 years old at this point. Four years down the line, we might see something different.

I wish they'd only do one long-form bit in each episode. One of my big complaints is that characters have lost their niche in the show. Back in the day, E&B may not have been in any street stories, but at least you'd still see them in a skit or two. Putting them in the chorus for the daily letter song doesn't have the same effect.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
It just seems like with all the characters, the show is kind of at war with what the writers/performers want to do vs. what the research team or higher ups want.

Meanwhile, I have a question, did Snuffy even get any lines in season 50?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Off the top of my head, I know he was in the season premiere and the Disappoint-o-Meter ones.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Ah, that's right!
I also just remembered that he was in Charlie's intro episode. So I guess he actually showed up slightly more than usual this time around.

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
I don't know about you guys but I hope we see more of Mumford. John is such a great puppeteer, he deserves a main character to perform.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I don't quite see Mumford or any of those older characters coming back in any big way, sadly. The focus now seems to be younger characters the viewers can relate to vs. funny adult characters.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
This more in Muppet terms but he was considered for Animal, Dr Teeth, and Floyd.
He actually did a really good Floyd in MOZ, not gonna lie. In all honesty, I also think Rickey Boyd did a better job as Scooter in that movie than David Rudman has as his new permanent performer.

Status
Not open for further replies.