Sesame Street Season 51 News and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I wonder how far they got into production with this season before unfortunate circumstances hit. Seems like they would've already been about done, or at least about to take a break, since seasons usually film for about a couple of months.
According to Stephanie's website, shooting has been postponed, so I guess they didn't quite finish.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Not to mention Elmo and Abby are shooting and uploading videos from their shower curtains.

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
I wonder how far they got into production with this season before unfortunate circumstances hit. Seems like they would've already been about done, or at least about to take a break, since seasons usually film for about a couple of months.
Suki Lopez was pretty heavily pregnant this while filming. I doubt they'll give her whole marriage and pregnancy arcs like Maria got, especially since her only romantic option right now would be Chris (yuck!). But it'll be interesting to see how they try to hide it, lol.

EDIT: Also, looks like Papa Bear will be back:
http://instagr.am/p/B9XD1JtnExR/ If he has any lines, I guess that would make him the first Joey Mazzarino character to be recast
It looks like Marty is now Papa Bear. I hope this means we will see more of Baby Bear and his family.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Baby Bear really isn't a main character anymore, so his family life probably won't be explored all that often anymore.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Baby Bear really isn't a main character anymore, so his family life probably won't be explored all that often anymore.
I am really surprised they’re using Papa Bear, a friend told me that he was being used in puppetry workshops to train right handing.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Ok so, i've been thinking. It seems like the show is due for another format change. They've been reintroducing so many classic characters, plus adding new ones (Abby and Julia's family, I wouldn't be surprised if special characters like Lily and Karli end up on the show proper). Practically every performer has a character now.

And yet, this past season hasn't been able to fully utilize most of the characters. At this point, it's honestly gotten pretty frustrating.

They don't do sketches anymore, Elmo's World is too short and feels like an unnecessary time waster at this point, and the street scenes are too short. The stories feel like the writers have forgotten the basic rules of storytelling. We need a new format.

Status
Not open for further replies.