Sesame Street Season 51 Episode 5103 - Measuring Big Bird

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"Measuring Big Bird" premieres on PBS this Monday September 13. Tune in and let us know your thoughts.

Season 51 episodes are also available to stream online at pbskids.org/sesame for a limited time.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Anyway, they eventually find Grover drawing a portrait of Mr. Johnson (I’m pretty sure this is the first Grover/Mr. Johnson action we’ve had since Street Safari, so it’s a treat). Sadly, we don’t get much from this except for the finished portrait looking exactly like Nina’s smiley faces.
I agree. I definitely liked seeing that. They really could have expanded on that one. Hopefully we'll see more of those two together in future eps.

After that, we get a cute bit of Elmo and Big Bird playing “shoe store”, with Elmo as the salesman and Big Bird as the customer. Elmo measures BB’s foot and finds it’s 15 inches long (or “size 15 extra wide” as he says). He gives the Bird some imaginary shoes, and the 2 then introduce Abby’s Amazing Adventures.
Hey, did BB always have those pads at the bottom of his feet? I don't think he did. Kind of a distraction sort of like the pads that Hobbes had on his front paws in the early days of the strip. Just some insight there.

I also liked the bit with Grover and Mr. Johnson, who Grover still calls "sir".
Well, I guess he's probably distantly related to Marcie.

Mr. Johnson: Stop calling me sir!