Sesame Street Season 50 News and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
A couple of omissions from that big group shot (poor Baby Bear and Prairie...and Gonger, and Julia too.) but it's nice to see Grundgetta, Herry and MUMFORD thrown in the mix.
And YOUR #1 favorite character is missing from the group shot! :grouchy:

Why does it seem they are slowly phasing out Baby Bear?
I guess he's not very marketable - he's just kind of a bear-looking character without anything distinct about his design. That, and he's not really an *original* character.
I thought Snuffy and Zoe seemed to be the ones getting phased out (although if the latter ultimately gets phased out, I'd be plenty OK with it), but yeah, those are intelligent observations and points about Baby Bear.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Zoe's kind of being a little more to do now that Jen is performing her, but what I (and many others) really miss is the old dynamic of her and Elmo paired together, because Elmo suddenly becomes a far more interesting character since he ends up having to play straight to Zoe's foil - especially whenever Rocco was involved.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Zoe's kind of being a little more to do now that Jen is performing her, but what I (and many others) really miss is the old dynamic of her and Elmo paired together, because Elmo suddenly becomes a far more interesting character since he ends up having to play straight to Zoe's foil - especially whenever Rocco was involved.
On the Puppet Tears podcast, Ryan said doing the Elmo's Sweet Ride episode with him being Elmo and Jen being Zoe didn't feel right. It felt like something of its time and he wouldn't wanna do it now, cause it seems like something you wanna keep with Kevin and Fran. The good news is Ryan likes to add layers to Elmo, for instance: "Does Elmo have to love everything, like does he really love umbrellas? Can't he be indifferent about umbrellas?"

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Makes sense. Not much chemistry between Ernie and Bert when it was Steve and Frank, but it's definitely there when it's Steve and Eric.
I think the best since Jim and Frank is Eric and Peter with Bert and Ernie.
Yeah I definitely agree that chemistry Eric had with Steve then and the chemistry he has with Peter now are both the best...after Jim and Frank of course.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I said it before, but I can live without Baby Bear. Can not stand that voice of his. :grouchy:

Last edited:

DatH

Reaction score
The good news is Ryan likes to add layers to Elmo, for instance: "Does Elmo have to love everything, like does he really love umbrellas? Can't he be indifferent about umbrellas?"
That sounds more like being hyper aware or being more political for humor. Been noticing that getting everywhere...

Status
Not open for further replies.