Sesame Street Season 50 News and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbmfrog

Reaction score

PRESS KIT
I know Frank Oz does make annual appearances on the show, but you would think that for this one time this would be an exception and have him and David Goez make an appearance in the 50th anniversary Special via cameo given that they're the LAST of the ORIGINAL Henson gang of Muppets performers. Either that or have Jim Henson's family members make an appear during the special. I mean something besides Kermit making an appearance not that there's anything wrong with that, that would have a humanized aspect of Jim Henson's overall legacy and the legacy of the Muppets as a whole. Remember while the Muppets were dormant when Jim Passed away, Sesame Street still went on strong. Jim may have been the last piece to the puzzle that is Sesame Street, but his creations lasted longer than he ever seen and it created something special.

I know that they don't normally make an appearances or something, but for this ONE TIME for the 50th anniversary maybe have Joan Ganz Cooney and Lloyd Morrisett make a live appearance during the special.

I know I'm asking for a miracle or two here, but for something THIS BIG as 50th years on TV: Why not go all out while we still can, right ?:stick_out_tongue:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I know Frank Oz does make annual appearances on the show, but you would think that for this one time this would be an exception and have him and David Goez make an appearance in the 50th anniversary Special via cameo given that they're the LAST of the ORIGINAL Henson gang of Muppets performers.
Frank stopped making annual appearances a few years ago, and Dave was never a regular SS performer; he only performed like maybe twice in 50 years.

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
he only performed like maybe twice in 50 years.
The only times I can recall Dave Goelz was in season 24 with inserts like Mr Between & The Elephant Elevator Operator and the film EIG as the giant chicken.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The Elephant Elevator Operator and Giant Chicken were exactly what I was thinking of.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Frank stopped making annual appearances a few years ago, and Dave was never a regular SS performer; he only performed like maybe twice in 50 years.
Still they could at least make an appearance during the special given that we didn't have one for the 40th anniversary due to Budget cuts. Also given what I stated before...I mean about the legacy of the Muppets as whole, Sesame Street and its history and to represent Jim Henson in a physical humanized sense.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
Frank, sure it would be nice if he did something involving the anniversary. Dave, he's not really a SST guy.

The only times I can recall Dave Goelz was in season 24 with inserts like Mr Between & The Elephant Elevator Operator and the film EIG as the giant chicken.
There were a few other times. He performed throughout season 24, including my favorite Colambo sketch, "The Case of The Missing Pig".

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
There were a few other times. He performed throughout season 24, including my favorite Colambo sketch, "The Case of The Missing Pig".
I know that, I was just basing it off of moments on the top of my head. I think I remember hearing that Dave Goelz doesn’t like New York that much so that why he barely worked on Sesame

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
I know that, I was just basing it off of moments on the top of my head. I think I remember hearing that Dave Goelz doesn’t like New York that much so that why he barely worked on Sesame
Will Sesame Street going forward still keep the 6 main character thing or add in new and old characters like Rudy and Hoots to the main cast?

MuppetSpot

Reaction score
Will Sesame Street going forward still keep the 6 main character thing or add in new and old characters like Rudy and Hoots to the main cast?
I think the whole main cast member might applied to merchandise. However, I wouldn’t expect every character both new and old to be part of the main cast, I expect most of their favorites to be secondary or even minors

Buff Beaker

Reaction score
I think the whole main cast member might applied to merchandise. However, I wouldn’t expect every character both new and old to be part of the main cast, I expect most of their favorites to be secondary or even minors
Thanks for the info! Which old characters do you think we will be seeing more of? Are Hoots and Roosevelt Franklin going to stick around?

Status
Not open for further replies.