Sesame Street Season 50 News and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cookie3001

Reaction score
I'm sure you all saw the surprise comeback of Roosevelt Franklin in Meet the Petes, but I think he might be returning for season 50, here he is with Big Bird, Zoe, Count Grover and Paul Scheer taping a segment for season 50.

Last edited:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
We don't really know what that was for. Is it airing on the show? Is it stuff being screened at the "Road Trip" events? Are they web videos? Who knows at this point.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Is there some special reason why "The King and I" has a greenish hue now?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
That dates back to when they still had the classic clips on SS.org. A couple of years or so after it first came up, they started updating videos in cleaner video/audio.

Something seemed to go wrong with whatever they were upgrading from Season 27, because they all looked like that. I have no idea how it would happen or how they would let it slide, but it's utterly frustrating.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I noticed the brief snippet that appeared in last week's Grover mishaps mashup video looked horrible as well. I decided to watch that part of the movie parodies video and thought it looked slightly better than I remembered in that other video, only to re-check and saw that it does look the same quality.

And to think that the past two DVD releases (which include the original opening sequence as opposed to the curtain one) look so great. Most fullframe clips when released on DVD or given official uploads look great, not to mention rare episodes/clips that come from the vault or a secret source (which most likely weren't prepared to be seen by the general public) look great to me. Of course with the clips being included in so many episodes there are so many copies they could use.

In the past several years they have made HD upgrades of pre-HD segments. While interlacing seems to be a problem on many classic clips, I feel like they normally do look great otherwise. I'm hoping that they won't use the HD versions of pre-HD clips on the upcoming 50th anniversary set, though I won't be surprised if they do. It seems like they did use HD upgrades of classic clips on the recent Awesome Alphabet Collection, and I feel the quality varies. Most look good enough for me, some look great, some have noticeable interlacing, and that release has the worst-looking copy of the original C is for Cookie that I have ever seen.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
There's also H.R. Pufnstuf celebrating a 50th anniversary this year too.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I'm still waiting for these supposed "new" albums they promised (not the lame compilation ones they've been putting out).

Status
Not open for further replies.