Sesame Street Season 50 News and Rumors

Status
Not open for further replies.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
I would love that, but far as I know, I just do
!!!!!

I’m really excited to see what’s going to pop up!
May as well just get this out of the way, but I’m already prepared to hear, “why wasn’t (insert skit/street scene here) used?!” Or “This (insert skit/street scene here) has been used way too many times in previous releases!”
I would love that, but far as I know, I just don’t see that ever happening.
Back when the 40 Years set was released, little 16 year old me was upset by how there weren't a lot of rare clips included, but did it stop me from a getting a copy of the DVD? No sir! It was still a collector's item in my eyes. So no matter how it turns out, I still plan on buying a copy of the 50th anniversary set, rare clips or not! :smile:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I hope for some common stuff like Rubber Duckie & C is for Cookie. I am hopeful for maybe more Monsterpiece Theatre and the segment I would die for is Grover Scared Of The Dark.
Grover is Afraid of the Dark is a bonus clip on the Being Brave DVD.

sesamemuppetfan

Reaction score
Was that supposed to be sarcasm?
Not really. Thinking back to the 40th anniversary, the DVD set and both books were announced LONG in advance before their actual release dates. Secondly, earlier this year I went to Target and I came across some SS bedding sheets and pillows for kids (all of which had the 50th anniversary logo on them). That alone gave me the impression that we would be surprised with memorabilia and merchandise throughout the year. So now that we have info about the upcoming DVD, I stand corrected about being surprised...but on the other hand, ya never know if they'll come out with collector's items when we least expect them!

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Well look what Muppet Stuff dragged in: https://muppet-stuff.blogspot.com/2...QkkqrmCf5uk_PikQD06mHue9XHEZMwoNd_swSALvQAmck

Just when I thought SW would be surprising us with 50th anniversary memorabilia and merchandise...although it could still very well happen! :smile:
Nice... even if nothing super rare or new is on it (which I would surprised if there wasn't anything new), that's still awesome.

Cover art is a bit bland compared to the 40th anniversary one, but whatever.
I actually kind of like that simplicity... we're living in a pretty minimalistic age.

Status
Not open for further replies.