Sesame Street Season 50 Episode 5033 - Lucky's Unlucky Day

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 5033 - Lucky's Unlucky Day
HBO Premiere: Saturday June 27, 2020
PBS Premiere: Monday March 22, 2021

It's Lucky's first day on the job as a bulldozer. When he gets upset about making mistakes, Big Bird and Nina tell him that it's ok to make mistakes and explain that Lucky just needs to tell himself "I can do it" and try again.

This episode features an all-new street story. a new Big Bird's Road Trip (New Delhi, India), Maren Morris sings “Oops! Whoops! Wait, Ah-ha!”, a new Abby's Amazing Adventures ("Construction Workers") and Elmo's World ("Building Things").

If you saw "Lucky's Unlucky Day" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Matt's Biff voice isn't quite there, but I think he got the personality down enough.

I think my problem is this was too short. It would have been better to, I dunno, actually meet Lucky for a bit before he screws things up. How can we sympathize with a character we don't even know?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, the show finally aired on time today this week, but it's still not in HD as it should be.

Matt's Biff voice sounds like a mix of his Floyd and Count voices, with the overly exaggerated New York accent Biff was known for.

Do NYC bus stop signs really look like that now? Because honestly, the round, blue look of the sign feels vaguely European.

And, it's 2020, the New Tens are over . . . skinny jeans can stop being a thing now!

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
Can we stop having 4 be the number of the Day? This is what, the fifth time this season?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Considering they used to repeat the same bit a million times in one episode, this seems like nothing.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
Fair enough. I’m just not a fan of overplay of any kind.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I actually thought this was one of the better street stories this season. It felt like it was missing like one scene though. I thought Matt's Biff was pretty good. I'm happy to see them back, if they are coming back after this.

Also, I'm sorry but, that Oops Aha song has to be one of my least favorite songs ever.