• Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help.
  • "Muppets Now" premieres on Disney+
    The Muppets fifth series of all time debuted on Disney+. Make plans to watch one of the most anticipated shows of the year. New episodes premiere every Friday through September 4.
  • 50 Years and Counting
    Read our review and discuss with fans the highly anticipated Sesame Street "50 Years and Counting" DVD set from Shout Factory featuring over five hours of beloved moments.
  • 50 Years and Still Sunny!
    Read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the all-new Sesame Street documentary "50 Years and Still Sunny!" hosted by Gloria Estefan.
  • The Dark Crystal: "Age of Resistance"
    After a 36 year wait, return to the great conjunction. The Dark Crystal "Age of Resistance" is a mesmerizing and beautiful prequel series now on Netflix. Renew your essence today.
  • Music is Everywhere
    Muppet Central Radio is now on TorontoCast, TuneIn, Apple, Amazon and Google. Listen to Muppet music 24/7 wherever you go with TuneIn and Apple apps and devices.

Sesame Street Season 50 Episode 5033 - Lucky's Unlucky Day

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 5033 - Lucky's Unlucky Day
HBO Premiere: Saturday June 27, 2020

It's Lucky's first day on the job as a bulldozer. When he gets upset about making mistakes, Big Bird and Nina tell him that it's ok to make mistakes and explain that Lucky just needs to tell himself "I can do it" and try again.

This episode features an all-new street story. a new Big Bird's Road Trip (New Delhi, India), Maren Morris sings “Oops! Whoops! Wait, Ah-ha!”, a new Abby's Amazing Adventures ("Construction Workers") and Elmo's World ("Building Things").

If you saw "Lucky's Unlucky Day" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Matt's Biff voice isn't quite there, but I think he got the personality down enough.

I think my problem is this was too short. It would have been better to, I dunno, actually meet Lucky for a bit before he screws things up. How can we sympathize with a character we don't even know?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Well, the show finally aired on time today this week, but it's still not in HD as it should be.

Matt's Biff voice sounds like a mix of his Floyd and Count voices, with the overly exaggerated New York accent Biff was known for.

Do NYC bus stop signs really look like that now? Because honestly, the round, blue look of the sign feels vaguely European.

And, it's 2020, the New Tens are over . . . skinny jeans can stop being a thing now!

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
Can we stop having 4 be the number of the Day? This is what, the fifth time this season?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And how many times have we had that Maren Morris song?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Considering they used to repeat the same bit a million times in one episode, this seems like nothing.

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
Fair enough. I’m just not a fan of overplay of any kind.

Pig's Laundry

Reaction score
I actually thought this was one of the better street stories this season. It felt like it was missing like one scene though. I thought Matt's Biff was pretty good. I'm happy to see them back, if they are coming back after this.

Also, I'm sorry but, that Oops Aha song has to be one of my least favorite songs ever.