Sesame Street Season 50 Episode 5022 - The Disappoint-O-Meter

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 5022 - The Disappoint-O-Meter
HBO Premiere: Saturday April 11, 2020
PBS Premiere: Monday December 7, 2020

Oscar tries to find someone who's feeling disappointed by using his new disappoint-o-meter but he accidentally helps them feel happy again.

This episode features an all-new street story, a new Big Bird's Road Trip (Lexington, Kentucky), a new Abby's Amazing Adventures ("Actors and Directors") and a new Elmo's World ("Emotions").

If you saw "The Disappoint-O-Meter" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

CoolGuy1013

Reaction score
I'm a little disappointed in myself for something I did while listing the segments for this episode. I accidentally hit the 1 key too many times while filling out the NOTD, so instead of saying 10, it said 110.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
That was fine, I suppose. Though being disappointed certainly applies here - whatever vocals Caroll recorded for this episode were re-dubbed by Matt (I'm sure he didn't quite enjoy doing that).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Is there some special reason the episode wasn't in HD this week?

Either way, it was a nice change of pace to have an Oscar-focused story, and seeing Telly in the cold open (though I still haven't gotten used to his much deeper voice) as well as Big Bird, Snuffy, Cookie, and Grudgetta in the story were pleasing enough.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
That was fine, I suppose. Though being disappointed certainly applies here - whatever vocals Caroll recorded for this episode were re-dubbed by Matt (I'm sure he didn't quite enjoy doing that).
Disappointing indeed! That feels so wrong and disrespectful. Sesame Workshop literally hyped this episode up too. What was the point of Caroll doing the voices at all?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Disappointing indeed! That feels so wrong and disrespectful. Sesame Workshop literally hyped this episode up too. What was the point of Caroll doing the voices at all?
I thought the same (and also thought “one less posthumous performance from Caroll Spinney releases”). My only guess is that they felt Caroll didn’t sound right when he did the episode.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
So this was the episode where Caroll did his final performance, but Matt dubbed it over anyway? That's certainly disappointing. This was a good episode though. Oscar being conflicted about Grundgetta bringing a gift and her not wanting to be thanked was funny.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Thinking of the irony that Caroll Spinney's last episode was about a Disappoint-O-Meter and then, as the result of his vocals being dubbed over, we are disappointed. I guess the machine works!