Sesame Street Season 50 Episode 5013 - A New Friend on Sesame Street

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"A New Friend on Sesame Street" premieres on PBS this Monday October 26. Tune in and let us know your thoughts.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I guess I was expecting a little more from this episode, but I guess I should know better by now. This young girl is very talented from what I've seen and she shows promise; we'll be seeing quite a few times more, so we'll see where she goes from here. And nice seeing Jen! I think I'd like that callback to the first episode more if the show wasn't so far removed from what it used to be.
Yeah, I liked how both Rosita and Charlie sort of echoed Matt's Gordon's lines from the first episode and I liked that this was a different kind of episode. Most episodes have been more about problem solving or a character learning a simple lesson, but this was a good way to reintroduce the characters. That's helpful for the sake of new viewers/younger children watching for the first time. I do agree, they could have done more. I like how Bert and Ernie appeared, but the scene with them was kind of rushed. I guess it is hard to squeeze a lot into a 10-minute storyline though.

WazzupMyBoyz

Reaction score
This felt like an almost complete recycle of the Season 33 street story where Emily moved to the street, only with the mythology nods to the very first episode, quoting Gordon's very first line: "You've never seen a street like Sesame Street! Everything happens here, you're gonna love it!" Right down to Oscar even throwing back to one of his very first lines as well, "Don't bang on the lid of my trashcan, wouldja? You're lettin' all the fresh air and sunlight in, boy I hate that!"

Enjoyed Jen's cameo as Charlie's mom, and like Shane said, it was nice to see such a wide cast of Muppets included in the story. For what it is, it's pretty good.
Also...why didn't Emily make any appearances in season 34?