Sesame Street Season 48 Episode 4822 - The Helpful Cloud

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 4822 - The Helpful Cloud
HBO Premiere: Saturday April 14, 2018
PBS Premiere: Monday September 17, 2018

Elmo and Grover help Floatie the Cloud try to find a job on Sesame Street. But Chris helps Floatie realize that she already has a very important job: being a cloud in the sky, bringing rain to help plants and flowers grow and giving shade to keep everyone cool on hot sunny days. (Guest: Ellie Goulding).

This episode features an all-new street story, Ellie Goulding singing "C is for Clouds", Smart Cookies ("Don't Rain on My Cookie") and a new Elmo's World ("Clouds").

If you saw "The Helpful Cloud" please like this post and share your thoughts below.

Last edited:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Um, am I imagining things, but weren't we supposed to get an episode involving Julia and a stop sign this week? Could have sworn I saw a promo for that.

But anyway, hey! Dig Marty Robinson's cameo in Hooper's Store, and Mr. Johnson's appearance. If it's so hot outside, why would Mr. Johnson sit outside out in the hot sun to eat? Why not eat inside? Oh yea, because it's Mr. Johnson.

Funny moment when Grover runs in, "Did I hear somebody say--WAAUUGGHH!" "No, Elmo didn't say, 'WAAUUGGHH!'" "Me neither."

The pacing of this episode was too quick and rapid - they were trying too hard to squeeze as much content as they could into the story.

I do believe that was Frankie Cordero as the sheep employment agent, would I be correct?

Ellie Goulding's "Thank You Clouds" song was enjoyable.

I still prefer Smart Cookies to Monster Foodies, but it's unfortunate that they have to edit it down for time.

I even kind of liked the Indian culture NOTD animation.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Marty's cameo in Hooper's Store was fun. It's cool that Mr. Johnson was referred to by name for the second time in history. Frankie and Peter's performances as the sheep and AM looking for jobs were fun. Ellie Goulding's song was pleasant. I liked Elmo singing the Sesame theme at the beginning of the new EW. Ernie and Bert's bookends were funny.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
"The Helpful Cloud" premieres on PBS this Monday September 17. Tune in and let us know your thoughts.