Sesame Street Season 47 Episode 4701 - Be Kind to Your Worm

Censored

Reaction score
I know young men's voices change in puberty, but I never heard of any radical changes between mid-twenties and late twenties.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Yeah. As a performer, he more than likely does vocal warm-ups and such to keep his voice in good shape.

And to respond to someone else, they have no plans of recasting Murray, according to Matt Vogel.

OscarandTelly

Reaction score
I gotta say, my feelings are mixed on the whole Carroll status.
Yeah. As a performer, he more than likely does vocal warm-ups and such to keep his voice in good shape.

And to respond to someone else, they have no plans of recasting Murray, according to Matt Vogel.
True. Think of when Richard Hunt passed in 1992. Forgetful Jones was never recast but inserts with him were seen right up until 2001. So seeing Murray in past material may just be a regular thing for the next several years. Not at all uncommon.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I gotta say, my feelings are mixed on the whole Carroll status.

True. Think of when Richard Hunt passed in 1992. Forgetful Jones was never recast but inserts with him were seen right up until 2001. So seeing Murray in past material may just be a regular thing for the next several years. Not at all uncommon.
I really miss Forgetful! He really was one of Richard's best characters.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I recall Slimey speaking in complete sentences by Season 38, but even by then, it seemed to be a slow, yet progressive process since Season 32 or so . . . maybe Slimey was still learning how to talk during that time.
What I mean is that is it was always broken. I think "I just wanna be with Oskie" was the first full sentence he said.

jobi71

Reaction score
I know young men's voices change in puberty, but I never heard of any radical changes between mid-twenties and late twenties.
It's not quite the same as a voice changing but as one gets older the vocal cords become looser and fat can build up on the larynx and esophagus, so it can affect the timber of the voice. And it is really when a person's metabolism changes not a particular age that starts the process. Voice actors and singers do daily vocal exercises to reduce or eliminate these factors and keep the cords fit and tight. And of course genetics play into it as well. Some people have little to no change, and some it can be more noticeable. I have not seen the episode, so I have no idea if this explains it, but it is something that can happen.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score

Thanks. I recall that was me who said that.

Censored

Reaction score
Be that as it may, I'm sure 30 is not too old to keep performing.

OscarandTelly

Reaction score
Here's something that I'm wondering about. Now that elmo is doing those episode recaps, does this mean they're gonna shoehorn him into every plot? So far he was in both street plots. And with the slimey episode, he seemed totally shoehorned in. I could totally see that whole plot working well without him there. Now I'm wondering if that's how it's always gonna be now. Never thought the show could become more elmocenttrict then it already was. But if this is true, boy was I ever wrong. :laugh::laugh::laugh: