Sesame Street Season 46 Episode 4635 - Halloween

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm betting you're not going to want to wait a year when this thing clearly gets released as a DVD special. because clearly...this thing's going to be on DVD in a year, I can almost be sure of that.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Doesn't help much. We'll still have to wait a year either way. But you never know. I think some SS specials (Ex: "The Street We Live On") had an early DVD release, so it's not impossible that it will be released sooner. We'll see.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
I got HBO back, so I just saw the episode. I liked Abby doing the cold open. We need cold opens with Big Bird, Oscar and Rosita. The street story was very good. I liked all the costumes everyone wore. And I liked Irwin. The funniest part was Cookie trying to get more cookies from Nina. The Walking Dead parody was fun. The only complaint I have is that Ernie and the Count didn't get solo lines.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
I watched the episode today and it was wonderful. Definitely the best one of the season. I actually really liked Irwin, which I think was mostly because of Peter Linz's performance, but I wouldn't mind him making a return in the near future. The issue they tackled with Elmo being jealous of Irwin's costume was definitely a relatable one, especially now that we live in the age where so many expensive costumes are everywhere on the internet and cosplay is a thing, so people feel more and more the need to make all of their costumes seem as professional and polished as possible. I'm glad the street story was longer in this episode, it allowed for more fun moments with the characters and the plot didn't feel rushed. Oh, and another thing I liked was Elmo. Elmo has actually been a pretty interesting character lately, between this one and the Christmas special. Sadly, I can't say the same for Abby though. Ten years since her debut and the writers still don't know what to do with her. Besides being a fairy, I honestly can't think of any personality traits that she has that the other characters don't have.

As Oscarfan said, the whole episode flowed very nicely without the Elmo segment taking up half the show and so it's kind of a shame that SW feels the need to bring back Elmo's World.

And has anyone else noticed that a lot of the characters voices have gotten deeper? With Caroll getting older, Big Bird's voice has gotten lower, Zoe's has too because of the performer change, and even Baby Bear's voice sounded noticeably deeper in this one.

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
Now that the episode has aired on PBS, I wanna put this episode here for people like @LittleJerry92 who probably haven't seen it yet. Alex, I think you'll agree with DrTooth, Oscarfan, and Pig's Laundry that Ryan's Elmo is more real than Kevin's Elmo: