Sesame Street Season 41 Press Kit

Drtooth

Reaction score
Unless they didn't include any other info, Super Grover 2.0 IS the only segment included in this season. But so far, sounds pretty good, I guess. A crapload of Elmo episodes again, it looks like. Pretty surprised this season actually starts sooner than last year (and I was worried they were gonna keep pushing it later and later).

Oscarfan

Reaction score
BOOSH! One day before my birthday it premiers! The season looks really great! Yeah, there's a lot of Elmo and Alan's not in much, but there's a lot of interesting things. I'm looking forward to "Ironing Monster", "It's Raining Cookies" (the clip is really great), the "Music Magic" episode and nearly everything else!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Funny... it didn't mention "block format" (or did it?)

So does that mean they're still going to do that, or go off in another direction?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
We'll just have to wait and see. If it did change, I think they'd say something.

Also, I must have "It's Raining Cookies" on my iPod!

antsamthompson9

Reaction score
It's great that they're premireing it sooner this time. It looks pretty cool. It's great that the small Zoe is gone!

SSLFan

Reaction score
Unless they didn't include any other info, Super Grover 2.0 IS the only segment included in this season.
Well I believe Abby's FFS will be making a comback also. I'm assuming since Super Grover 2.0 is only said to have 6 segments featured this season (though more was produced), then it will alternate with Abby or if they are still going with the block format again, then with Bert & Ernie's Great Adventures or Murray Has A Little Lamb.

As far as the upcoming season, glad about the new Super Grover segment, and some nice parodies coming as well. Also, it's great to see they're starting to use Barkley more again. But, really...it's so much Elmo it's ridiculous. It would be SOMEWHAT understandable if they had did away with EW and Elmo just had to have an increased street presence, but if EW is indeed returning, then this just is indeed Elmo overload.

Drtooth

Reaction score
As far as the upcoming season, glad about the new Super Grover segment, and some nice parodies coming as well. Also, it's great to see they're starting to use Barkley more again. But, really...it's so much Elmo it's ridiculous. It would be SOMEWHAT understandable if they had did away with EW and Elmo just had to have an increased street presence, but if EW is indeed returning, then this just is indeed Elmo overload.
The funny thing is, we haven't heard anything about EW, even though it's CLEARLY never going to leave the show. I'm probably correct in assuming that we're still losing 15 minutes of the show to over-over-over-overused material. Sigh, if only ONE of the International Elmo segments was to replace it. We need new blood to keep the show fresh, not some 10 year old block of programming sitting at the end like a leaden lump. If we had more than one new EW a year, even that would be an improvement.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Anyone else notice that Murray isn't even mentioned in the characters? It also looks like Prairie's getting skipped over again. She's one of my favorite characters and ever since season 39, she's been used even less than before.