Sesame Street Season 2 Episode 265 - Ice Cream Machine on Sesame Street

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Episode 265 - Ice Cream Machine on Sesame Street
PBS Premiere: Friday May 14, 1971
HBO Max Premiere: Wednesday May 27, 2020

Bob is on his way to Mr. Hooper's for ice cream when Moe, an ice cream company employee, shows him a new ice cream vending machine on Sesame Street. Bob puts a dime into the machine and gets an ice cream sandwich. Mr. Hooper worries that the new vending machine will put him out of business. Oscar the Grouch stops by the ice cream machine but doesn't see his favorite flavor: sardine ice cream! Mr. Hooper, however, shouts that he has Sardine ice cream and Oscar heads over. Big Bird stops by the ice cream machine, but Moe doesn't have his favorite flavor either: bird seed ice cream. Mr. Hooper calls over Big Bird with his 'Bird Seed Ice Cream' special. Moe calls his company to say their ice cream machine can't compete with Mr. Hooper's great personality and different flavored ice creams.

52 MIN

Watch on HBO Max

Muppet Wiki Guide

Other Releases

This is the first time this episode has been commercially released or streamed since it's original broadcast.

If you've seen "Ice Cream Machine on Sesame Street" on HBO Max please like this post and share your thoughts below.

DotBridgekeeper

Reaction score
(1 … 2… 2 Questions! Ah, Ah, Ah!)
Regarding Season 2, was it by design that there were three extra weeks of episodes? And is it just me, or does anyone else get the impression (or knows for sure) that there's not a lot of surviving S2 shows?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
(1 … 2… 2 Questions! Ah, Ah, Ah!)
Regarding Season 2, was it by design that there were three extra weeks of episodes? And is it just me, or does anyone else get the impression (or knows for sure) that there's not a lot of surviving S2 shows?
I've already noticed that seasons 2 and 3 have the highest number of lost episodes, I can't remember which one has more (one has around 20 missing, the other has around 30 missing).

DotBridgekeeper

Reaction score
I've already noticed that seasons 2 and 3 have the highest number of lost episodes, I can't remember which one has more (one has around 20 missing, the other has around 30 missing).
Yup, those two seasons are fairly under-represented as far as the amount of episodes we've seen distributed to date. And since S2 is longer by 15 shows, that means we've seen a lower percentage is S2 shows. That said: I have more of a yearning to see more of S3 resurface.