Sesame Street Old School Outlines

kathy26

Reaction score
Scene 7: On his last attempt, Mumford makes it warm and sunny again to Oscar’s detriment. As a result, he decides to conjure up some ice cream cones for everyone. However, the bedraggled adults won’t take chances with Mumford, and they go to Hooper’s Store instead. Mumford shrugs and follows them as Big Bird announces the sponsors. SS sign still: Grover. CTW sign still: David.
good outline i love bert's cousin Brad i thought you were going have Bert Announces the sponsors

cjd874

Reaction score
Number 85 features Big Bird, Oscar, Mr. Hooper, Luis, Susan, and many of Jerry Nelson's characters. Plus, Joe Raposo sings "There's a Bird on Me" and Prairie Dawn puts on a pageant.

Sesame Street Old School Outline 85

Season 6: SAM the Robot helps Oscar sort his trash/Big Bird and Snuffy make a giant block tower

Sponsors: T, X, 3

Scene 1: Mr. Snuffleupagus stops by Big Bird’s nest for a play-date. Snuffy asks if Big Bird has blocks to play with. Big Bird brings out a case with some small blocks, but Snuffy wants bigger blocks to make a big block tower. Big Bird goes to find some large things to use as blocks.

Muppets: Ernie tries to figure out which shelf he should put Bert’s vase on: the small shelf or the big shelf?

Cast: The Alphabet Dancers make the letter T (voiceover by Sonia Manzano)

Film/Song: “Look Around (How You Grow)”

Cartoon: Small, smaller, and smallest animals

Muppets: Sesame Street News Flash – Kermit tries to talk to the Three Little Pigs, but the Count ruins the interview by counting all of the pigs.

Cartoon: Country Fiddler – Three on Lady’s Lap

Scene 2: Big Bird goes to the Fix-It Shop and asks Luis if he can have three large cardboard boxes. Luis gets three boxes and counts them. Big Bird explains that he’s building a block tower with Mr. Snuffleupagus, whom Luis remembers as “your imaginary friend.” Big Bird takes the boxes and storms off.

Muppets: Sherlock Hemlock sings “X Marks the Spot”

Cartoon: Cowboy X

Film/Song: Henson #3

Scene 3: Big Bird asks Mr. Hooper if he has three milk crates. Mr. Hooper brings them out and counts them. Big Bird explains why he needs them, and Mr. Hooper groans, “Big Bird, there is NO such thing as a Snuffleupagus!” Once again, Big Bird leaves in a huff.

Cartoon: Poverty Pictures’ “T” sketch

Muppet/Kid Moments: Herry Monster and John-John talk about up and down

Film: George the Farmer goes up and down a ladder

Cartoon: T is for Television

Scene 4: Big Bird and Snuffy have finished building their giant block tower. However, Snuffy sneezes and the gust knocks the tower over. Snuffy admits that he’s starting to feel sick (“I think I’m coming down with a Snuffleupa-fever, Bird…”) so he leaves for his cave. Luis and Mr. Hooper enter Big Bird’s nest area having heard the sneeze, and they notice their scattered boxes and crates. Big Bird struggles to explain the situation.

Film: Giraffes walk around

Muppets: Ernie and Bert meet Tough Eddie at the beach

Cartoon: T is for Toys, Trains, Turtles, and Tops…T never stops!

Film/Song: “There’s a Bird on Me” (written and sung by Joe Raposo)

Cartoon: A boy teaches his sister about up and down by running her up and down a flight of stairs

Film: People and animals going down

Muppets: Two Anything Muppets fight over a cookie. Cookie Monster says that the smallest person should get the cookie. Ultimately, Cookie shrinks himself so that he becomes the smallest person and gets the cookie!

Scene 5: Oscar can’t figure out how to organize his trash collection. Susan offers to help, but Oscar refuses. SAM the Robot comes along, saying that he’s perfect for the job: “I am an expert at reading, counting, dispensing gumballs, and sorting trash!” Oscar gladly accepts his help, but Susan argues that SAM doesn’t always get things right. Oscar: “I know! That’s why I want him to help! He’ll get it wrong so many times that I’m going to have to do it myself. The good old-fashioned Grouch way, as my mother says.” Oscar instructs SAM to put the tin cans into the red box, the ripped umbrellas into the green box, and the broken picture frames into a blue box.

Film: The Mad Painter #3

Cartoon: X is for X-Ray (speech balloon)

Muppets: Harvey Kneeslapper’s X prank

Cartoon: Christopher Clumsy jumps over a hole, and falls right into another one!

Film: A grasshopper (harpsichord music)

Scene 6: Oscar returns from feeding his pet worm Slimey to check on SAM’s progress. Unfortunately, SAM has gotten mixed up and put the tin cans in the blue box, the umbrellas in the red box, and the frames in the green box. Oscar is upset until he realizes that they’re all still organized by categories. He almost thanks SAM, but he catches himself and tells the “oversized magnet” to get lost.

Cartoon: Construction worker’s alphabet song

Cast: Maria and David compete in a ping-pong tournament, but David holds up the game by using the wrong equipment (baseball bat, tennis racket, etc.)

Film: The importance of traffic lights

Cartoon: Two lines intersect and have an argument. They resolve the issue by making a cross.

Muppets: Prairie Dawn’s flower pageant (featuring Ernie, Herry Monster, Cookie Monster, and Bert)

Scene 7: Susan, Luis, and Mr. Hooper watch the kids play in the arbor area as Snuffy announces the sponsors. SS sign still: Maria and David. CTW sign still: Bob.

CAST:

Northern Calloway as David

Emilio Delgado as Luis

Will Lee as Mr. Hooper

Loretta Long as Susan

Sonia Manzano as Maria

Caroll Spinney as Big Bird and Oscar

JIM HENSON’S MUPPETS:

Frank Oz as Bert, Cookie Monster, Grover, Harvey Kneeslapper, AMs

Jerry Nelson as Mr. Snuffleupagus, SAM the Robot, Sherlock Hemlock, the Count, Herry Monster, Tough Eddie, AMs

Fran Brill as Prairie Dawn, AMs

Jim Henson as Ernie, Kermit, AMs

cjd874

Reaction score
Number 86 features Ernie, Bert, Big Bird, Simon Soundman, Mr. Hooper, Bob, Susan, and Hal Miller as Gordon! Plus "C is for Cookie," "What's My Part," and another installment of Bud Luckey's Country Fiddler.

Sesame Street Old School Outline 86

Season 4: Ernie’s drumming bothers the neighbors/Big Bird helps Mr. Hooper stock the shelves

Sponsors: C, I, 6

Scene 1: Mr. Hooper greets the viewer and is about to open his store when he hears some loud noise. He goes over to the arbor area where Ernie is playing the drums. Susan and Gordon come out in their bathrobes and tell Ernie to keep it down because it’s six in the morning. Bert comes out and demands an explanation. Ernie says that Bert didn’t want him playing the drums in the apartment, so he’s going to do it outside the apartment! Everyone tells Ernie to play softer.

Cartoon: Jazz Spies #6

Muppets: Guy Smiley hosts “What’s My Part?” The panel consists of Bennett Snerf, Arlene Frantic, and Professor Hastings, and the mystery guest is a foot. Professor Hastings inadvertently wins the game when he says his foot has fallen asleep.

Scene 2: Bob is trying to read in Hooper’s Store and hears a sudden racket. Mr. Hooper deduces that Ernie’s still drumming outside. Bob and Mr. Hooper firmly ask Ernie to play softer or stop drumming altogether. Then Mr. Hooper has an idea and he runs off to his store.

Cartoon: A boy and a dog fight over the letter I

Scene 3: Mr. Hooper comes back with some towels to place over Ernie’s drums. Now Ernie can drum without upsetting anyone. However, Oscar yells, “HEY! What happened to that beautiful racket I was hearing before? Keep playing loud, Ernie! That’s just how I like it.” Ernie, Bob, and Mr. Hooper sigh as the ending music plays.

Cartoon: A black cat chases a white bird, until a white lion intervenes (art by John and Faith Hubley)

Muppets: Waiter Grover serves Simon Soundman, who asks for a “BUCK-BUCK-BAWK” sandwich.

Cartoon: Country Fiddler – Six Snails

Film: The rattlesnake

Cast: Maria and David find two sets of sacks that have incorrect numerical labels. They move one sack to the other side so that they match.

Cartoon: Birds counting 1-20 (art by the Hubleys)

Muppets: A group of monsters look at the letter C and say, “See?”

Film: “Which Came First, the Chicken or the Egg?” (sung by Joe Raposo)

Scene 4: Mr. Hooper is stocking his shelves, but has lots of items to put away. Big Bird offers to help him, and Mr. Hooper allows the Bird to help.

Muppets: Snow White and the Six Dwarves

Scene 5: Big Bird and Mr. Hooper are cooperating to stock the shelves: Mr. Hooper passes cans and boxes to Mr. Hooper, who puts them on the shelves. Mr. Hooper tries to reach some higher shelves, but fails to do so. Big Bird suggests that they switch places: Mr. Hooper can pass the items to Big Bird, and the Bird will put them up high. This plan works perfectly! Mr. Hooper says, “Now that’s what I call cooperation!” Big Bird: “You can say that again, Mr. Looper!”

Cartoon: I is for Ice Cream (speech balloon)

Muppets: Herbert Birdsfoot and Grover show the “AN” family (part 1)

Film/Song: Henson #6

Muppets: Herbert Birdsfoot and Grover show the “AN” family (part 2)

Cartoon/Song: We All Live in a Capital I

Muppets: Herbert Birdsfoot and Grover show the “AN” family (part 3)

Film: The Mad Painter #6

Cartoon: The alphabet appears in a computer-animated box

Scene 6: Bob, Ernie, and Bert play “One of These Things” with three drumsticks and a kazoo.

Cartoon: C is for Cake

Muppet/Kid Moments: Grover and Loren count to 20

Cartoon: Jasper thinks he’s lost his elbow, but Julius shows him otherwise by bending his arm.

Celebrity: Walt Frazier and Dick Barnett of the New York Knicks bounce a round basketball. Then Bill Cosby tries to bounce a square basketball…

Cartoon: C is for Cap (speech balloon)

Muppets/Song: Cookie Monster sings, “C is for Cookie” (Grover, Herry, Oscar, and Billy Monster are featured as backing singers)

Film: African animals

Scene 7: Susan and Gordon hear loud wailing sounds. They discover that Ernie is now playing his trumpet for the same reasons that prompted him to play the drums outside! As Susan and Gordon try to reason with Ernie, Bert announces the sponsors wearily: “Sesame Street has been brought to you by the letters C and I, and by the number 6. Sesame Street is a production of the Children’s Television Workshop. Sometimes I don’t know why I bother.” SS sign still: Bob. CTW sign still: Oscar.

CAST:

Will Lee as Mr. Hooper

Loretta Long as Susan

Sonia Manzano as Maria

Bob McGrath as Bob

Hal Miller as Gordon

Caroll Spinney as Big Bird, Oscar, and Bennett Snerf

JIM HENSON’S MUPPETS:

Frank Oz as Bert, Grover, Cookie Monster, Professor Hastings, Snow White, AMs

Jerry Nelson as Herbert Birdsfoot, Simon Soundman, the Foot, AMs

Fran Brill as Arlene Frantic

Jim Henson as Ernie, Guy Smiley, AMs

cjd874

Reaction score
A rare Season 3 outline for y'all! Number 87 features Mr. Hooper, Susan, Big Bird, Oscar, and Farley. Plus, Kermit's hand lecture, a Ralph and Wally skit, and Ernie tries to cheer up Beautiful Day Monster.

Sesame Street Old School Outline 87

Season 3: Mr. Hooper gets locked out of his store

Sponsors: M, U, 7

Scene 1: Mr. Hooper welcomes the viewer as he approaches his store. When he tries to open the door, he discovers that it’s locked. He looks for his keys, but can’t find them. Tom, Rafael, and Susan find him and ask what’s wrong. Mr. Hooper says he must have left his keys in the store last night, and now he can’t get inside. Tom has a spare key, but it’s at his apartment across town. Susan offers to call the locksmith. Rafael goes to the Fix-It Shop to find some tools to open the door with. Everyone splits up as Mr. Hooper waits outside.

Muppets: Charlie is looking for a policeman. He finds one, but doesn’t recognize that the policeman is his Uncle Louie!

Film/Song: “Kangaroo Blues” (sung by Joe Raposo)

Cartoon: The Jazzy Triangle and the Square

Scene 2: Susan returns and tells Mr. Hooper that the locksmith is sick today, so he can’t come to help.

Cartoon: Today’s secret drawing is a policeman

Muppets: Kermit talks about hands

Scene 3: Rafael returns with some screwdrivers and wrenches, but he is unable to pick the lock.

Cartoon: A large bully and a mild-mannered gardener recite an alphabetic poem

Film/Song: Henson #7

Scene 4: Susan gets a call inside her apartment. It’s Tom, who has the spare key, but he’s stuck across town because his bus is running late. Mr. Hooper wonders if he’ll get into his store at all today.

Muppets: Beautiful Day Monster is crying because his ukulele is broken. Ernie offers to fix it (part 1)

Cartoon: U clay-animated segment (by Jim Henson)

Muppets: Ernie returns with the fixed ukulele. Ernie says that it’s ready to play, but the monster says he doesn’t want to play it…he wants to EAT it instead! (part 2)

Cartoon: Counting Eraser Rhyme

Cast: Ralph and Wally figure out how to use a suitcase

Scene 5: Big Bird goes to Hooper’s Store, but is unhappy because the store is locked. Mr. Hooper explains the situation to Big Bird, who is determined to help. He goes back to his nest to find something that can help Mr. Hooper get into his store.

Cartoon: M is for Moo

Muppets: Farley goes to the hat shop

Scene 6: Big Bird returns with a wagon full of toys (a baseball bat, a set of jacks, a catcher’s mitt, a baseball, a toy camera, a checkerboard, and a letter M), none of which can be used to open a door.

Cartoon: The M That Came to Dinner

Muppets: Little Miss Muffett rehearses her nursery rhyme segment, but the Muppet portraying the spider has no idea what a spider is supposed to look like.

Film: The Mad Painter #7

Scene 7: Oscar goes to Hooper’s store for a peanut butter and sardine sandwich and a thimble full of mud for his worm Slimey. Mr. Hooper quickly realizes that Slimey could crawl under the door and retrieve the missing key! Mr. Hooper asks Slimey to get the key, which Slimey does! Rafael, Susan, and Tom arrive just as Slimey crawls out with the key, and everyone thanks Slimey and Oscar. Oscar is sickened by the “thank yous” and he loses his appetite.

Film: Starfish (music by Joe Raposo)

Muppets: Grover tries to surprise Ernie by sneaking up behind his chair, but when Grover yells “SURPRISE,” Herry Monster turns around, disguised as Ernie!

Cartoon: M is for Marvelous Martha

Scene 8: Mr. Hooper and Susan show the viewer three keys and a rubber ball. After singing “One of These Things,” they say that the ball doesn’t belong.

Cartoon: A dog learns about the letter U

Muppets: Harvey Kneeslapper’s U trick (“Do you mind if I take a picture of you?”)

Cartoon: Jazz Spies #7

Muppets: Ernie has forgotten to do something after his bath. Bert suggests that maybe he forgot to wash his ears, face, hands, or neck. Ernie finally remembers that he forgot to turn off the water, and the apartment begins to flood!

Cartoon: An award for U (Poverty Pictures)

Film: The story of a hand that tried to clap by itself

Cartoon: 30 dots (meeting the 30 squares)

Scene 9: Mr. Hooper, Susan, Rafael, and Tom talk about Oscar and Slimey’s good deed, which Oscar pops up to protest. Big Bird announces the sponsors. SS sign still: Gordon. CTW sign still: Bob and Susan.

CAST:

Larry Block as Tom

Raul Julia as Rafael

Will Lee as Mr. Hooper

Loretta Long as Susan

Joe Ponazecki as Wally

Paul Price as Ralph

JIM HENSON’S MUPPETS:

Frank Oz as Bert, Grover, Beautiful Day Monster, Harvey Kneeslapper, AMs

Jerry Nelson as Farley, Herry Monster, Slimey, AMs

cjd874

Reaction score
Number 88 features Bob, David, Olivia, Linda, Herry Monster, the Count, Big Bird, Biff and Sully! Plus Chrissy and the Alphabeats sing "Exit," and Luis and Grover play musicals chairs with the kids.

Sesame Street Old School Outline 88

Season 9: The Count counts people exercising/Bob gives piano lessons to Herry Monster

Sponsors: N, Q, 10

Scene 1: The Count is waiting for people to start exercising on Sesame Street. First, Olivia and two kids do some jumping jacks. Next, Big Bird, Luis, and David arrive and start running in place. Then Bob and Linda arrive with two kids and they do some stretches. The Count counts ten people exercising.

Cartoon: The letter Q (that funny looking thing)

Celebrity/Song: The Pointer Sisters’ Swinging Alphabet

Cartoon: The Noble Ostrich (art by Bruce Cayard)

Muppets/Song: Little Chrissy and the Alphabeats perform “Exit”

Scene 2: Olivia, Luis, and David ask Bob if he wants to see a movie. Bob can’t go because he’s giving piano lessons to a new student…Herry Monster! The others are unsure whether Herry can learn piano, and Bob admits that he feels the same way.

Muppets: Bert can’t read his book because Ernie’s marching band is practicing outside the apartment. Ernie “solves” this problem by bringing the band inside the apartment!

Cartoon/Song: Ten Turtles (animation by Bud Luckey)

Scene 3: Herry Monster gets his first piano lesson from Bob. Bob tries to teach Herry how to play soft and slow, but Herry breaks the piano! Embarrassed and discouraged, Herry runs off in tears.

Film: Swimming and flying pelicans

Cartoon: Pinball Number Count #10

Cartoon: A reporter interviews the letter N

Film: A woman tries to find the EXIT as her house catches fire

Cartoon: The Wise Man shows “between” to the traveler

Scene 4: Bob finds Herry hiding behind some boxes outside Hooper’s Store. Herry is upset because he thinks he’ll never be able to play the piano. Bob tells him that he can do it by singing “Trying” (by Joe Raposo). Afterwards, Herry is inspired to continue his piano lesson.

Cartoon: Typewriter Guy – Q is for Quiet

Film/Song: Henson #10

Scene 5: Bob thanks Biff and Sully for bringing in a new piano. Then he shows Herry Monster how to play soft and slow, which Herry eventually masters.

Film: A marching band forms a square

Cartoon: Q is for Quarter (voice by Casey Kasem)

Muppets: Don Music rewrites “Row, Row, Row Your Boat” with help from Kermit the Frog, Little Chrissy, and the Alphabeats

Insert: Luis and Grover play musical chairs with the kids

Cartoon/Song: Lowercase N on a hill

Film: A gymnast shows “between” by swinging between two balance beams

Muppets: Ernie buys an invisible ice cream cone from Lefty the Salesman, and pays with an invisible nickel!

Cast: Maria plays Charlie Chaplin, who is trying to find the EXIT sign

Cartoon: A boy explains why his dog’s name is Happy

Scene 6: Luis, Olivia, and David are talking about their movie with Big Bird. Bob asks if they’d like to hear Herry play the piano. Everyone is pleasantly surprised to hear Herry play Bach’s “Prelude No. 1 in C Major” without mistakes. As Big Bird and the adults applaud, Herry is quick to thank Bob for helping him believe in himself.

Film: The letter N is nice

Cartoon: Imagining squares

Muppet/Kid Moment: Ernie, Bert, and Shola explain “between”

Film/Song: “Two is You and Me” (by Joe Raposo)

Cartoon: Nancy the Nanny Goat (art by Tee Collins)

Scene 7: Biff and Sully arrive to move the piano back. Biff casually tells everyone that Sully is a good pianist: “He’s REAL good! Sully plays all the classics by Johann von Beethoven and all them other guys!” After some encouragement, Sully plays “Allegro” from Mozart’s Piano Sonata No. 16 to everyone’s delight. The Count announces the sponsors. SS sign still: Maria. CTW sign still: Oscar.

CAST:

Linda Bove as Linda

Emilio Delgado as Luis

Sonia Manzano as Maria

Bob McGrath as Bob

Alaina Reed as Olivia

Caroll Spinney as Big Bird

JIM HENSON’S MUPPETS:

Frank Oz as Bert, Grover, Lefty the Salesman, AMs

Jerry Nelson as the Count, Herry Monster, Biff, AMs

Richard Hunt as Don Music, Sully, AMs

Christopher Cerf as Little Chrissy (voice only)

cjd874

Reaction score
Number 89 features Big Bird, Bert, Cookie Monster, Sherlock Hemlock, the Count, Maria, Mr. Hooper, Susan, and Gordon. Plus, Joe Raposo sings two classic songs, and Grover competes on Beat the Time!

Sesame Street Old School Outline 89

Season 9: Big Bird wants to go camping

Sponsors: R, V, 4

Scene 1/Insert: Bob and Olivia sing “I Like My Name” with a group of kids

Cartoon: Pinball Count #4

Muppets: Super Grover – Bus Stop

Film: A dune buggy is assembled in stop-motion (Dixieland music)

Cartoon: The Villain in the Panama Hat (starring the letter V)

Film: A girl shops for earrings

Muppets: Bert and Ernie’s window is stuck open on a rainy day, so everything inside the apartment is getting wet. Bert asks Ernie to fix the window, but Ernie says no because he’d get wet in the rain. When the rain stops, he tells Bert that since it’s not raining, nothing is getting wet, so there’s no reason to fix the window!

Scene 2: Maria is stunned to see Oscar picking up trash off the street. It turns out that he’s looking for trash to give to his pet rhinoceros to play with. Maria is moved by Oscar’s generosity. However, once Oscar dumps the garbage into his can, the rhinoceros tosses it all out onto the street again, to Oscar’s delight.

Cartoon/Song: Wee Willie Wimple – Land Pollution

Cartoon: The YES sculpture

Film: And now…the octopus! (Music: Edward Elgar’s “Pomp and Circumstance”)

Muppets: Farley looks for his lost toy box at the Lost and Found department

Cartoon: R story (art by Fred Calvert)

Scene 3: Gordon and Susan are packing their car for a weekend camping trip. Big Bird is curious to learn more, so the adults explain what is involved with a camping trip. After they drive off, Big Bird declares that he wants to go camping, too!

Muppets/Song: The Anything Muppets sing about the “Bus Stop” to a young boy

Cartoon: B-U-S! We’re on the bus!

Scene 4: Big Bird seeks advice about camping from his friends. Cookie Monster tells him to bring cookies so he won’t go hungry. The Count has so many suggestions that Big Bird can’t keep track of them all. As it turns out, the Count is giving suggestions to Big Bird just for the sake of counting them! “Now Big Bird, you should also bring bug spray with you…that’s FIVE! Five wonderful suggestions! Ah, ah, ah!” [Thunder and lightning] Cookie Monster: “Uh oh. Sounds like it’s going to rain. Me better seek shelter in local bakery. Buh-bye!”

Film/Song: Joe Raposo sings, “Look at This” while showing footage of a boat

Cartoon: Country Fiddler – Four Big Lions (art by Bud Luckey)

Film: Antelopes nod “YES”

Muppets: A pair of Teeth looks for a job at an employment agency. He can’t accept the job openings for Nose or Ear, but he demonstrates his biting and chewing skills by eating the employment agent’s desk.

Cartoon: Typewriter Guy – R is for Rope

Scene 5: Big Bird asks Bert and Sherlock Hemlock about camping. Sherlock suggests that he bring binoculars so that he can “inspect the trees, bushes, butterflies, and cute little bunny rabbits in greater detail.” Bert adds that Big Bird should bring a paper bag full of bottle caps.

Cartoon: Small V…va-va-voom! (art by John and Faith Hubley)

Cartoon: Flying V in space

Film: A father and daughter ride the bus through the city, and the girl identifies the places in her neighborhood

Muppets: Beat the Time – Guy Smiley challenges Grover to find five items that contain milk. Grover returns with ice cream, cheese, butter, and two cows!

Muppet/Kid Moment: Herry Monster shares apples with two kids

Cartoon: An inventor builds a robot that feels sad, angry, happy, and scared

Scene 6: Maria and Mr. Hooper see Big Bird carrying dozens of things in his hands and on his back. Big Bird explains that he wants to go camping, and his friends gave him suggestions about what to take with him. Unfortunately, he can’t see where he’s going and he crashes into a tree. Mr. Hooper and Maria help Big Bird up and tell him exactly what he needs to bring. Suddenly, Big Bird has an idea…

Cartoon: A wizard conjures up things that start with the letter R

Muppets: Bert refuses to share his cookie with Ernie, who says that if that cookie were his, he wouldn’t mind sharing it. Ultimately, Ernie cons Bert into giving him half of his cookie!

Cartoon: The numbers 1-20 are eliminated one by one (cameo by Cookie Monster)

Cartoon: A man tries to sleep, but is kept awake by construction noises. It turns out that a construction crew is outside, tearing down his house!

Film/Song: “Little Things” (by Joe Raposo)

Scene 7: At night, Big Bird is “camping out” in the arbor area eating birdseed s’mores and looking up at the stars. As it turns out, Maria and Mr. Hooper have been roped into joining Big Bird on his imaginary camping trip! As everyone goes to sleep in their sleeping bags, Bert and Cookie Monster announce the sponsors. SS sign still: Susan. CTW sign still: Gordon.

CAST:

Will Lee as Mr. Hooper

Loretta Long as Susan

Sonia Manzano as Maria

Bob McGrath as Bob

Roscoe Orman as Gordon

Alaina Reed as Olivia

JIM HENSON’S MUPPETS:

Frank Oz as Bert, Cookie Monster, Grover, AMs

Jerry Nelson as the Count, Sherlock Hemlock, Herry Monster, Farley, AMs

Richard Hunt as AMs

Jim Henson as Ernie, Guy Smiley, AMs

cjd874

Reaction score
Number 90 features a legendary musician who visited Sesame Street back in 1973. Now he's back for another appearance! Plus, several classic sketches including "The Great Cookie Thief," "Grover Serves Burgers," and "The Six Dollar Man." Please enjoy my 90th Old School Outline!

Sesame Street Old School Outline 90

Season 10: Stevie Wonder returns to Sesame Street

Sponsors: B, W, 3

Scene 1: Stevie Wonder performs “Sir Duke” for the cast (Susan, David, Luis, Buffy, Big Bird, and the kids).

Cartoon: An unruly girl named Gloria recites the alphabet

Muppets: Ernie shows Bert his magic chain that can “magically” turn into various shapes (with help from Ernie’s hands). Bert jokingly asks Ernie to turn the chain into a baloney sandwich, which Ernie does!

Film: It’s an otter (music by Joe Raposo)

Cartoon: W is for Worm

Cast: Captain Nasty (Gordon) orders his pirate crew (Bob, Olivia, and Mr. Hooper) to find the biggest treasure chest possible. Once they bring the biggest chest in, they open it up and find that it’s full of rubber duckies!

Film: The story of Colleen, who lives in Arizona (music by Joe Raposo)

Scene 2: Stevie plays a singing game with Luis, Susan, and the kids. Stevie sings a low note, and asks everyone to sing it back like he did. He repeats this for high notes, short notes, long notes, soft notes, and loud notes.

Muppets: Sesame Street News Flash – Kermit interviews Dr. Nucleus von Fission, inventor of the Six Dollar Man

Film: Red Ball Roller Coaster #3 (ice cream sundae ending)

Cartoon: He, She, and It discuss how a vacuum cleaner works

Muppets: Grover serves Mr. Johnson a little burger: it’s so small that Mr. Johnson can barely see it. Then Mr. Johnson orders the big burger against Grover’s wishes.

Cartoon: B is for Butterfly (speech balloon)

Cartoon: Pinball Count #3

Scene 3: Stevie Wonder tells Oscar how much he admires him just for being himself, and he sings, “You Are the Sunshine of My Life” to Oscar’s disgust.

Cartoon: B is for Bird (creepy animation)

Celebrity: Madeline Kahn sings the word “ME”

Film: How pizza is made

Muppets/Cast: Grover gives a lecture on knees (cameo by Maria)

Cartoon: Jazz Spies #3

Scene 4: Big Bird wonders why Stevie’s band has to practice so much. David and Buffy explain that the more you practice something, the better you become at it. Stevie and his band play a sloppy 12-bar blues to show how it sounded before they practiced. Then they play a perfect 12-bar blues to show how it sounds after they practice.

Muppets: Dragnet “W” spoof (featuring the Anything Muppets)

Cartoon: W is for Wash

Cartoon: Billy Jo Jive and Smart Susie Sunset look for a missing key

Muppets: Ernie counts a high stack of cups and saucers, making Bert very nervous. It turns out that Ernie glued them all together!

Film/Song: Henson #3

Scene 5: Stevie Wonder plays his keyboard for the Count. The Count asks if he can take a closer look at it. Stevie: “Sure! You wanna play it?” Count: “Play it? Of course not! I want to COUNT the keys on your keyboard!” Stevie laughs as the Count starts counting all the keys.

Cartoon: B is for Boxer

Muppet/Kid Moments: Michelle teaches Herry Monster how to say the names of several body parts in Spanish

Cartoon: B is for Boxer (Spanish version)

Muppets/Song: Big Bird sings an ode entitled, “Wonderful Me”

Muppets: A group of Muppet cowboys looks for the Great Cookie Thief (played by Cookie Monster)

Cartoon: W is for Willamina

Film: A steam shovel

Scene 6: Stevie Wonder performs a funky version of the Sesame Street theme as Buffy announces the sponsors. SS sign still: Gordon. CTW sign still: Maria.

CAST:

Emilio Delgado as Luis

Will Lee as Mr. Hooper

Loretta Long as Susan

Sonia Manzano as Maria

Bob McGrath as Bob

Roscoe Orman as Gordon

Alaina Reed as Olivia

Buffy St. Marie Wolfchild as Buffy

JIM HENSON’S MUPPETS:

Frank Oz as Bert, Grover, Cookie Monster, AMs

Jerry Nelson as the Count, Mr. Johnson, Herry Monster, AMs

cjd874

Reaction score
Number 91 features Oscar, Big Bird, Cookie Monster, Linda, Bob, and Mr. Hooper. Plus Ernie and Bert try to share food, Kermit presents a News Flash, and Sinister Sam wants a box of crayons!

Sesame Street Old School Outline 91

Season 10: Oscar has help-itis/Big Bird recites poetry about seasons

Sponsors: J, Y, 9

Scene 1: Big Bird recites a short poem about the seasons, accompanied by superimposed visuals of the weather:
There are four seasons that make up a year,
And I’ll tell you about them right now and right here.
First is winter, with lots of cold snow.
The trees are bare and the flowers don’t grow.
Next is spring, when the flowers start to bud,
And the falling rain turns dirt into mud.
Then comes summer, with the hot yellow sun.
We go to the beach to swim and have fun.
Finally there’s fall, also known as autumn,
When we rake leaves and…uh…uh…what are the next lines? I forgot ‘em!

Muppets: An Anything Muppet painter shows off her magic “through” painting (Grover cameo at the end)

Cartoon: Typewriter Guy – Y is for Yo-Yo

Film: Making “LOST DOG” flyers for a missing dog named Ace

Muppets: Cookie Monster wheedles Ernie out of his apple by disguising himself as Doctor Monster and giving Ernie a checkup, which costs one apple!

Cartoon: Counting dinosaurs, octopuses, paper dolls, and more

Muppet/Kid Moment: Bert and Ingrid count backwards from 10 to 1

Scene 2: Bob and Linda are walking down the street carrying groceries when Oscar volunteers to help. The adults are astonished, since Oscar never offers help to anyone. Oscar explains that he’s got a rare Grouch sickness called Help-itis, which causes its victims to uncontrollably help anybody and everybody! Linda and Bob agree that Oscar needs to find a cure quickly.

Cartoon: 12 raisins fall in for their grape sergeant’s roll call (counting forwards and backwards)

Film: A Chinese New Year celebration

Muppets/Song: Rocky the Baby sings, “I Cry”

Cartoon: Pinball Count #9

Muppets: The Count and Cookie Monster cooperate to count and eat cookies

Cartoon: A boy and his dog talk about Y words

Scene 3: Oscar is helping out at Hooper’s Store, to Mr. Hooper’s disbelief. Gordon and Olivia enter for lunch, and Oscar proceeds to take their order and serve them on the spot. Gordon and Olivia are flabbergasted.

Film/Song: David sings, “Who You Looking At, Tiger?”

Cartoon: A rambunctious jacket illustrates J words. At the end, the jacket opens, revealing two children named Jenny and Jeff inside!

Muppets: Mr. Johnson tells Waiter Grover that there’s a fly in his soup. Grover has trouble understanding, as he looks under, next to, and on the bowl of soup.

Cartoon: The J train

Scene 4: While Oscar washes dishes in the back of Hooper’s Store, Bob takes the others aside. He explains that Oscar is helping everyone else out today, so what if they try to help him out with something? Grouches don’t like getting help from anyone, so that might be the cure for Oscar’s Help-itis. The adults start planning…

Muppets: Biff helps Salvador Dada hang his paintings and titles in a gallery. The titles are merely numbers, but they correspond to the number of splotches on each painting. Thus, Biff assumes that the last painting is called “Five,” but Salvador Dada declares, “I call this one ‘Chicken Soup!’”

Cartoon: J is for Jaguar (limerick poem)

Cartoon/Song: The J family jamboree

Scene 5: Oscar sits in his can, desperately looking for someone else to help. Olivia comes by and offers to help sort Oscar’s stinky sneaker collection. Oscar politely turns her down. Then Bob and Linda offer to feed his elephants, and Oscar firmly says no. Next, Mr. Hooper asks if he can help spread dirt and dust on Oscar’s floor, and Gordon offers to cook Oscar’s favorite dinner of spaghetti topped with broccoli, grapes, and chocolate syrup. Oscar shouts, “That does it! I’m not gonna help anyone else out, and I don’t want any help from anyone! Now go away and leave me alone!” As he slams the lid down, the adults agree that Oscar’s Help-itis has been cured.

Film: Animals nurse their young (music by Joe Raposo)

Muppets: Sesame Street News Flash – Kermit awaits the mouse from “Hickory Dickory Dock” to run up the clock, but a cow (Gladys) and a duck show up. Finally, a horse enters, saying that the mouse couldn’t make it. The horse runs into the clock, destroying it completely.

Cartoon: The Old Woman Who Lived in a Nine

Muppets: Ernie and Bert attempt to share pizza and grape juice

Film: How chewing gum is made

Cartoon: A captain orders the numbers 1-20 into a boat, which immediately sinks

Muppets: Sinister Sam storms into the saloon, angry that someone bought the last box of crayons…and he wants to know why! After finding the culprit, it turns out that Sam wants to know how to draw the letter Y!

Scene 6: Bob, Linda, Olivia, and Gordon walk by Oscar’s can carrying more groceries. The adults ask Oscar if he’d like to help them. Oscar says “NO! Besides, I’m about to feed my elephants. Here, Fluffy! Here, Wolfgang! Come get your nice peanuts!” The ground starts shaking as the elephants run to get their food, and the adults make a mad dash for the apartment, dropping some of the groceries in the process. As Oscar laughs and feed his pets, Mr. Hooper announces the sponsors. SS sign still: Grover. CTW sign: Luis.

CAST:

Linda Bove as Linda

Will Lee as Mr. Hooper

Bob McGrath as Bob

Roscoe Orman as Gordon

Alaina Reed as Olivia

JIM HENSON’S MUPPETS:

Frank Oz as Cookie Monster, Grover, Bert, AMs

Jerry Nelson as the Count, Biff, Mr. Johnson, Rocky, AMs

Richard Hunt as Gladys the Cow, AMs

Jim Henson as Ernie, Kermit, Sinister Sam, Salvador Dada, AMs

cjd874

Reaction score
Number 92 features Oscar, Susan, Gordon, Mr. Hooper, Grover, and Sherlock Hemlock. Plus, Ernie draws Bert's face, and Herry and John-John share a moment together in (undoubtedly) one of the greatest Sesame Street segments in history.

Sesame Street Old School Outline 92

Season 8: Oscar learns how to bake cookies

Sponsors: F, G, 12

Scene 1: Susan and Gordon greet the viewer as Susan puts out a plate of freshly baked cookies on the windowsill. Oscar complains to them about the smell and he plans to bake his own Grouch cookies. Trouble is, he doesn’t know how to bake!

Film: The Little Baker

Cartoon: G is for Gorilla (speech balloon)

Cartoon: G is for Giggle

Muppets: Sesame Street News Flash – Kermit interviews Prince Charming, who attempts to rescue Rapunzel. However, when asked to let her hair down, Rapunzel takes her wig off and throws it down to the Prince! The scene ends in chaos.

Film/Song: “Everybody Eats” (by Joe Raposo)

Scene 2: Oscar can’t figure out how to start baking. Susan tells him that he needs to follow a recipe, which tells someone how to make food. Oscar digs into his can and finds his mother’s original recipe for liverwurst and jalapeño cookies! Susan leaves feeling rather queasy.

Film: An apple tree (jazzy background music)

Muppets: Cookie Monster learns how to make an egg sandwich from a Muppet girl. But when she tells him to put all the ingredients together, Cookie simply eats everything in sight.

Cartoon/Song: Ladybugs’ Picnic #12 (by Bud Luckey)

Cartoon: F is for Football

Muppets: Visual Thinking (featuring Northern Calloway and Frank Oz)

Cartoon: Sand F

Scene 3: Oscar is reading the recipe, but he still hasn’t started baking. Gordon tells him that he must get all of the right ingredients, or the food he needs to make the cookies. Oscar rummages in his cabinet and finds liverwurst and jalapeños. Gordon reminds him what else goes into a batch of cookies: sugar, flour, butter, eggs, and baking soda. Oscar finds everything else, except for eggs, so he heads to Hooper’s Store for some eggs.

Cartoon: 12 rocks in the desert (animation by Jim Henson)

Muppets: The Anything Muppets cheer for the letter F (version 4)

Film: Penguins take a bath (music by Joe Raposo)

Muppet/Kid Moment: Herry Monster and John-John count from 1 to 20

Scene 4: Mr. Hooper gives Oscar a carton of eggs, counting out all twelve of them. Mr. Hooper is delighted to learn that Oscar is baking. He asks what Oscar is going to bake, and Oscar tells him his mother’s recipe. As Mr. Hooper reels, Oscar pays and exits with the eggs.

Cartoon: A girl looks for her “CASA”

Muppets: Grover presents the letter G, which keeps growing and growing!

Film: Various objects become open

Cartoon: Would you mind closing our OPEN?

Muppets: Ernie discovers a half-eaten apple and wonders whom it belongs to. With help from Sherlock Hemlock, they figure out that it fell out of Ernie’s paper sack and therefore it belongs to Ernie.

Scene 5: Oscar has measured out his ingredients. Gordon and Susan remind him to follow the recipe very carefully, but Oscar says that Grouches don’t like to follow directions. Gordon counters that if he doesn’t follow the directions, the cookies won’t turn out the way he wants them to. Oscar gives in and goes back into his can to start baking the cookies.

Cartoon: Typewriter Guy – F is for Fly

Muppets/Song: Chrissy and the Alphabeats perform “Count It Higher”

Film: Kids make things out of triangles and squares

Cast: David tries to close a door and a window, but they keep opening by themselves

Muppets: Ernie draws Bert’s face onscreen

Cartoon: “Mi casa es su casa”

Scene 6: The entire street is filled with smoke. Mr. Hooper, Gordon, and Susan alert Oscar, and Susan says that cookies aren’t supposed to be burned. However, Oscar shows them his mother’s recipe, which clearly states, “Burn the cookies. Don’t let them cool. And don’t enjoy!” Oscar brings out the cookies and offers them to the adults, who all refuse. Oscar tries one and spits it out. He hates it so much that he eats another one, and then another one! Susan and Gordon announce the sponsors together. SS sign still: the Count. CTW sign still: Kermit and a kid.

CAST:

Will Lee as Mr. Hooper

Loretta Long as Susan

Roscoe Orman as Gordon

Caroll Spinney as Oscar

JIM HENSON’S MUPPETS:

Frank Oz as Bert, Grover, Cookie Monster, Prince Charming, AMs

Jerry Nelson as Herry Monster, Sherlock Hemlock, AMs

Christopher Cerf as Chrissy (voice only)

Fran Brill as AMs