Sesame Street in Canada, back in the day

BooberFraggless

Reaction score
I remember where i lived in Northern New York at the time, it was on at 10:00am every morning on CKWS. I think eventually they were only showing it on Saturday mornings. Towards the end of its run. The last U.S. Sesame Street Season to air in Canada was Season 26 (1994-1995) I wonder if anyone has any Canadian Sesame Street on tape? I'd love to see some of those episodes again.

Alain

Reaction score
It is sad that Canadian Sesame Street is no more. I hope someday they will put the seasons on DVDs. By the way, is there anyone who might have some skits of Canadian Sesame Street in their video library? I would like to trade some skits. Leave me an answer at adugas@nb.sympatico.ca

Clean Glutch

Reaction score
Something interesting I noticed on Plaza Sesamo (the Mexican Sesame Street), was they played a part of Canadian Sesame Street in Spanish. It had Basil learning to tie his shoes. I think Katie was teaching him. It was kind of weird to see an alternative Sesame skit within an alternate Sesame show. I'm assuming this Canadian Sesame skit was older because Basil looked slightly different and Katie looked more like an anything muppet than an individual character.

mtlmama

Reaction score
i was a child star

ok before you flog my email with requests for autographs, i only "starred" in inserts filmed over one day. i was paid $28 and a dairy queen chocolate dip ice cream cone.

i am desperately seeking this canadian insert that was filmed during the summer of 1979 or 1980.

i was a lemonaid vendor on a street by jeanne mance park in montreal, me being the oldest of the kids there that day. We all took sips and said "C'est bon!"

we also filmed some shots in jeanne mance park. a "man" read a book, we looked over his shoulder and asked "C'est bon?", he responded "Oui, c'est bon!"

a musician played the violin...we clapped hands after the performance and declared "c'est bon!"

anyone have any suggestions how to get them?

Soul H

Reaction score
Being a fellow Canadian I totally remember Canadian Sesame Street. Especially when they aired American episodes but replaced certain clips with French segments or some clips in English dubbed in French. Either way it was classic.

prickle747

Reaction score
i grew up with this,and the bilingual thing was a neat idea back then.learning french and incorporating in skits was a cool way to learn some french.so sad s.s. did not continue up here.i guess the demand was not great enough.

the earliest canadian episode i know of being taped is the one from 78 or 79 (not complete) is the big bird waiting for the sun to come up.does anybody know the eps # ? and one other 2058 (canadian version) too bad vcr's were not so $ back then.could you imagine all the cool episodes we would have had?