Sesame Street General Store

Drtooth

Reaction score
I used to love our local Disney store (same mall that had the Sesame general store, actually). We still have a Disney store there, but it's been severely watered down and caters now mainly to kids' toys and clothes and almost all of anything classic Disney related is now gone. It's all now geared towards the Pixar movies, and the Disney Princess line. I loved the old Disney store where they had collectibles like animation cels, and they used to have great clothes for adults and teens.I know there's still a couple of large Disney stores in NYC that does have some nicer stuff but it's smack in the middle of Times Square so it's too touristy for me to walk around there.
Yeah, it's like the Planes and Cars and everything else is for girls store... but the market for cel collectibles is very niche, and quite honestly, you can get some choice animation cels cheap as long as the characters aren't Disney or Warner Bros related and you don't mind not getting a background. I own 3... Scratch, Grounder, and Coconuts about to kidnap Tails from the Trail of the Missing Tails episode of Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog, one of Peter Venkman with one of those weird Japanese swirly backgrounds (dunno the episode, though), and one from Saint Seyia of Seyia not in his armor (that would have cost like 30 bucks extra). Got them all for under 30 bucks. Unfortunately, the framing is going to kill me.

But I will say the store is an improvement from that ghastly 2000-2003 era where all you could find were dalmatians and Pooh, and Pooh dressed up like a dalmatian.

Mr Snrub

Reaction score
But I will say the store is an improvement from that ghastly 2000-2003 era where all you could find were dalmatians and Pooh, and Pooh dressed up like a dalmatian.
But were there dalmatians dressed up like Pooh?