Sesame Street Episode 847 with Margaret Hamilton

wiley207

Reaction score
Well, news of the leak made its way to Fallon, despite not even mentioning the actual episode in question.

I can understand not showing actual footage from Episode 847, but the way they used that classic Mel Blanc WB/DePatie-Freleng scream for the Elmo jumpscare made me laugh when it came up! I think it's because I've heard the scream used in too many humorous moments (including in some of my own videos) for that jumpscare to spook me.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I mean moreso the person who eventually went out of their way to upload it on YouTube.
As unbelievable as it is, NBC actually interviewed that guy and he spread a bunch of false info like Jim Henson banning the episode (lol) and it never even airing.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I'm guessing they did not need permission to use a Sesame Street clip for a talk show, but I wonder if it would have been just as funny if they used an actual clip from the episode.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I'm guessing they avoided it maybe because the footage was not necessarily released by any official means.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
If it were a mere ten seconds then I think that could at least fall under fair use. But it’s understandable about wanting to avoid it.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Where did the Big Bird clip they used come from? Is it an episode or segment that has been released commercially, online through Sesame Workshop, or on HBO Max? I really don’t know where that clip comes from (though it’s clearly not a 1970s clip).