Sesame Street Episode 847 with Margaret Hamilton

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
Sounds like a setup for a creepypasta.
"...the videotape had "Sesame Street LOST EPISODE" written in red ink, and looked battered and old..." but I wouldn't trade it for a big pot of gold, I love it because "It's Trash!"

I still bank on the idea that it's copyright reasons keeping us from seeing this.

Schfifty

Reaction score
I'm sure someday, hopefully not too far away, this episode will become available for us to see. This whole ordeal reminds me of the one Dexter's Lab episode that was banned from television, and a lot of fans were moaning and dying to see it, but Adult Swim finally released it online a few years ago. I bet #0847 will show up for the public sometime...I think we're just gonna have to be patient for now. Somebody in the powers that be will make an official decision at the right time.

I mean, they didn't, like, destroy the master reel for the episode, did they? I certainly hope not...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The Dexter episode was not a banned episode, it was never intended for broadcast, it was made by the animation and production staff for their own personal amusement as a way of blowing off steam and releasing the frustrations of how tedious animation can be.

Pig'sSaysAdios

Reaction score
The Dexter episode was not a banned episode, it was never intended for broadcast, it was made by the animation and production staff for their own personal amusement as a way of blowing off steam and releasing the frustrations of how tedious animation can be.
Something similar happened with the Rugrats animators, something known as the "Storyboard Jam". It was a bunch of fake storyboards that the people working on the show made to blow off steam. Different artists would continually add to them. They started to get so disturbing that Nickelodeon supposedly ended up destroying or confiscating most of them.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
According to Genndy, they did intend it to air; standards wouldn't let them.

I highly doubt they could've done something like this just for fun. Cartoons are expensive.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
You guys might think I'm crazy, but a psychic who I go to see regularly told me that there is one unidentified person who formerly worked at Sesame Workshop who still has a copy of the episode, but has it locked in a safe, so it sounds like he or she doesn't want anybody to see it. There is only 1 other copy out there, which another unidentified person has laying in their attic.
Sorry to ruin your guys's hopes, but it's highly unlikely that anybody will ever see the episode again. I know how you guys feel, I'm disappointed too.
I mean, I doubt this is really important enough to be locked in a safe.

I still bank on the idea that it's copyright reasons keeping us from seeing this.
Could be; it's just impossible to say since this is a one of a kind case. They released clips of R2D2 and C3PO, though those weren't banned.

I'm sure someday, hopefully not too far away, this episode will become available for us to see. This whole ordeal reminds me of the one Dexter's Lab episode that was banned from television, and a lot of fans were moaning and dying to see it, but Adult Swim finally released it online a few years ago. I bet #0847 will show up for the public sometime...I think we're just gonna have to be patient for now. Somebody in the powers that be will make an official decision at the right time.
Sure, but this is the Children's Television Workshop, not Adult Swim (polar opposites).

My honest opinion is I think the day we see this is the day SS goes off the air, or at least stops making new episodes.

Colbynfriends

Reaction score
Or maybe as bonus features on the next big release of the Wizard of Oz.

gravy

Reaction score
You guys might think I'm crazy, but a psychic who I go to see regularly told me that there is one unidentified person who formerly worked at Sesame Workshop who still has a copy of the episode, but has it locked in a safe, so it sounds like he or she doesn't want anybody to see it. There is only 1 other copy out there, which another unidentified person has laying in their attic.
Sorry to ruin your guys's hopes, but it's highly unlikely that anybody will ever see the episode again. I know how you guys feel, I'm disappointed too.
*checks for psycics near me online to get more info*

mariolover

Reaction score
I went to see the psychic because I have other unrelated issues in my life that I needed sorted out. I just asked her about that episode as a side question. Going to a psychic just to ask that one question would be a waste of money