Sesame Street Episode 847 with Margaret Hamilton

gravy

Reaction score
Well, it was a huge day in the Lost Media Wiki world today. A Day with SpongeBob was solved (if anyone cares).

About this, the guy was lying. I'm guessing just because I was one of the first, or maybe the first to email him, I got put on a list for random phishing attacks in Hebrew.
Well, there go our hopes.

This is how I feel.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
^ That makes two of us.

Yeah, it rully sucks. :flirt: All we can honestly do is wait. With Sesame Street becoming more conservative and disconnected by the day, it seems like we will never see this. :frown:

A petition seems useless; honestly the best thing I can think of is contacting Caroll Spinney, but it is so obscure and he probably has no say in it. You know what though, I'd imagine he owns a tape of this, though obviously he's probably forbidden to release it.

Oh well. I'm sure if a lot more people knew about this they would want to see it.

itt, two random people muse over some obscure Sesame Street episode.

Last edited:

gravy

Reaction score
A petition seems useless; honestly the best thing I can think of is contacting Caroll Spinney, but it is so obscure and he probably has no say in it. You know what though, I'd imagine he owns a tape of this, though obviously he's probably forbidden to release it.

Oh well. I'm sure if a lot more people knew about this they would want to see it.
1. This makes have the urge to contact Caroll right away!

2. Since some of the original cast members may be ''at live events'' maybe someone can ask them about it.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
1. This makes have the urge to contact Caroll right away!

2. Since some of the original cast members may be ''at live events'' maybe someone can ask them about it.
Well Caroll has cited this as one of his, maybe his favorite SS moment of all-time. I don't even know what he could do for us or add to the discussion (that is if we were even able to contact him). I mean, we are little people with big dreams.

lol. Everyone is freaking out about them letting Bob & co. go, gavry raises his hand at live event: "So, how about that banned episode?" :big_grin:

gravy

Reaction score
lol. Everyone is freaking out about them letting Bob & co. go, gavry raises his hand at live event: "So, how about that banned episode?" :big_grin:
Haha! I did get angry at them for letting them go, but there are some things that just matter more.

I found Caroll's fan-mail address, so we can most likely send it to there.

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
Haha! I did get angry at them for letting them go, but there are some things that just matter more.
lol; I agree!

I found Caroll's fan-mail address, so we can most likely send it to there.
OMG; awesome! Any kind of progress is good progress. I learned a lot from A Day with SpongeBob.

The only challenge is how do we ask him without being annoying or intrusive? It's just like "Caroll, will we ever get to see the Margaret Hamilton episode? We know you loved it and Jim was a huge fan of The Wizard of Oz". Sadly, I don't see how he would have any say in it, but anything is worth a shot. At the same time, I would imagine he's not the one who handles that email address and he has an underlie do it, but you never know; either way, it's worth a shot!

It's just important to be as polite as possible, like "We completely understand that an episode that traumatized so many kids and is banned will never see the light of day again, but that's what makes it cool, and that was 40 years ago" lol. I just feel like he's got bigger fish to fry, but it's worth a shot.

gravy

Reaction score
The only challenge is how do we ask him without being annoying or intrusive? It's just like "Caroll, will we ever get to see the Margaret Hamilton episode? We know you loved it and Jim was a huge fan of The Wizard of Oz". Sadly, I don't see how he would have any say in it, but anything is worth a shot. At the same time, I would imagine he's not the one who handles that email address and he has an underlie do it, but you never know; either way, it's worth a shot!

It's just important to be as polite as possible, like "We completely understand that an episode that traumatized so many kids and is banned will never see the light of day again, but that's what makes it cool, and that was 40 years ago" lol. I just feel like he's got bigger fish to fry, but it's worth a shot.
I'm going to send him a letter tomorrow and see what happens.

Also his fan-mail address is here:
DIS LINK

Blue Frackle

Reaction score
I'm going to send him a letter tomorrow and see what happens.

Also his fan-mail address is here:
DIS LINK
That's good. Letters being a more personal medium will most likely get a response, which will at least be something, and maybe tell us to stop bothering with it.

Heck, maybe one letter will do it. I don't see the issue with the episode being released; it's not like today's show has much of a connection to the past, not to mention its recent actions.

mariolover

Reaction score
You guys might think I'm crazy, but a psychic who I go to see regularly told me that there is one unidentified person who formerly worked at Sesame Workshop who still has a copy of the episode, but has it locked in a safe, so it sounds like he or she doesn't want anybody to see it. There is only 1 other copy out there, which another unidentified person has laying in their attic.
Sorry to ruin your guys's hopes, but it's highly unlikely that anybody will ever see the episode again. I know how you guys feel, I'm disappointed too.

Last edited: