Sesame Street Characters on Simpsons-Were you Offended?

SamEagle 000

Reaction score
When I saw the Sesame Street characters on the Simpsons trying to kill Homer I thought it was kind of funny at first but then I got kind of offended. :frown: The characters were badly drawn and they were trying to Kill Homer. Let me repeat, Kill !
I couldn't believe it. The characters on Sesame Street would never kill any one. It was all wrong. At one point, Elmo was in Oscar's trash can and Big Bird was flying! Was anyone else offended?

Thog

Reaction score
SamEagle 000 said:
When I saw the Sesame Street characters on the Simpsons trying to kill Homer I thought it was kind of funny at first but then I got kind of offended. :frown: The characters were badly drawn and they were trying to Kill Homer. Let me repeat, Kill !
I couldn't believe it. The characters on Sesame Street would never kill any one. It was all wrong. At one point, Elmo was in Oscar's trash can and Big Bird was flying! Was anyone else offended?

Nope, I thought it was great. It was only a parody, the Muppets do the same thing.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Can't be any worse than the Kermit&Piggy on SS deal on Crank Yankers

Actually, a friend of mine designs haunted house attractions and one scene was a badly built, dimly lit SS set, with blood splattered everywhere, and there was green fur hanging out of the trash can and blood splattered on windows, and when the people came by the steps "Bert is Evil" came running down the steps from 123 Sesame Street with a huge blade in his hands. He had bought the head from a costume shop and restored it. The idea came from the "Bert is Evil" website.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I wasn't offended by The Sesame Street characters on the Simpsons in the least bit. I thought it was great! Like was said, it's a parody. I think we're all old enough to take what we can give out.

Beakie

Reaction score
I wasn't offended by it, the Simpsons does things like that with lots of other characters (and real people), so do lots of other shows, I get used to it, but I didn't really think it was funny either...

crazy ernie

Reaction score
I found that part very funny."Elmo know where you live!" :crazy: :smile: :zany: :big_grin:

janicegroupie

Reaction score
When I first saw it was kind of offended but then when I saw it again I found it pretty funny. I figure the Simpsons are pretty much known for their parodies so I couldn't really find it too offensive anymore. I do think they could have done a better job with the drawings of the characters though.

Drtooth

Reaction score
You kidding? It was satire, not an insult (unlike Crank Spankers or whatever).

I for one loved the Muppet cameois, Which I'll list

A Fish Called Selma (Troy McClure and Piggy and Kermit in the Muppets go midevil)

The one where Krusty dies (David Crosby has a Hand puppet of Kermit, also seen on the cast poster and a new pinbal game)

Trash of the Titans (Oscar pops out of a Garbage can during the musical number)

The one about the PBS pledge drive (just mentioned)

and Moe saves Maggie when he tries to play with Tickle Me Elmo and Elmo slaps him...

Thijs

Reaction score
Ehhm, guys, SamEagle 000 is pretty young.