Sesame Street Characters on Simpsons-Were you Offended?

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Yeah, Tommie, I know now.

SamEagle 000, I understand where you're coming from (that a-way? No, that a-way!). It can be upsetting at first, but, I just think of it as picking fun on an old friend. The Simpsons writers are Muppet fans (one of them co-wrote IAVMMCM), and they don't pick on SS anymore than Ernie picks on Bert.

Drtooth said:
and Moe saves Maggie when he tries to play with Tickle Me Elmo and Elmo slaps him...
When Elmo says no, Elmo mean no!

SamEagle 000

Reaction score
I guess your right. :smile: And yes, I am young. I'm only 11.

Now that I think about it some of the parts were funny. Like, "Elmo know where you live!" :smile:

Wouldn't The Simpsons have to get permission to do this.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
SamEagle 000 said:
Wouldn't The Simpsons have to get permission to do this.
I believe it falls under some sort of parody laws. So, no they wouldn't NEED it, though it would be nice...

Did Kevin Clash play Elmo? Then it would DEFFENITELY be good.

Ernie101

Reaction score
No it was funny!!! Nothing to harm in good ol fun!

Drtooth

Reaction score
Super Scooter said:
I believe it falls under some sort of parody laws. So, no they wouldn't NEED it, though it would be nice...
They did have to get Permission for Ren and Stimpy, Archie, and the Flintstones.....

Thijs

Reaction score
Yesterday's episode began with a dream of Homer, in wich he was Yogi Bear and Bart, ehhhm, that small bear. I love those parodies.

WiGgY

Reaction score
When I saw the Muppets Go Medevil bit, I thought it was Steve doing Kermit's voice. Then again, many people have their own Kermit so it could have been anyone.

I think to get offended by satire is political correctness gone a muck. These days, people don't usually take jokes as jokes, but instead as an assualt on them in some way. Crazy world.

sarah_yzma

Reaction score
I don't watch the Simpson's a whole lot, because they can be funny, but they can also be crude. So if I do catch a funny episode, cool...otherwise oh well....and always remember

imitation is the highest form of flattery.....(or as byron would say)

It is!

Really!

(or something that wastes just as much space) :stick_out_tongue:

WiGgY

Reaction score
Crazy Harry said:
:boo:

(needs to be ten characters long)
What are you talking about having to be ten characters long?

(Actually I just typed "What?" and saw this new messages saying "The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters." which is kind of annoying, but at least I now know what you mean.