Sesame Street and Trooper

Crazy31088

Reaction score
For those of you that don't know, Trooper is a very well known and respected Canadian rock band who had a number of hits in the late 70's.

On their website (www.trooper.ca), they say that there were Sesame Street sketches spoofing some of their songs. The two that they mentioned were:

Their song, "Raise a Little ****" became "Where's the Letter L?"
and "Three dressed up as a Nine" was kept the same, just illustrated apparently.

Does anyone recall either of these, were these just on the Canadian version of the show, or are the folks at trooper.ca just pulling my leg?

Any info would be appreciated.

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
I do NOT remember these, and I'm Canadian, a big SS fan, and a big Trooper fan. Sounds like they're being silly.

eric

Crazy31088

Reaction score
I just thought I might ask, since it sounded an awful lot like something SS would have done.

Smy Guiley

Reaction score
Crazy31088 said:
I just thought I might ask, since it sounded an awful lot like something SS would have done.
Well, it's not confirmed, of course, but remember, "3 Dressed Up As A 9" is about a lady in a bar dressed like a tramp, trying to pick up guys. I doubt if that would fly! :smile: Also, I doubt if the producers of SS would like kids to find out that the original of "Raise A Little L" is not quite kidworthy entertainment. Trooper is a fine group, and they've produced some of the best bar-rock ever (they still do the bar circuit, for some sick reason, believe me, I don't miss it myself) but those two tunes don't really translate to Sesame Street, I'm sure.

Anyone have a clue if this can be confirmed?

later
eric

Crazy31088

Reaction score
Smy Guiley said:
Well, it's not confirmed, of course, but remember, "3 Dressed Up As A 9" is about a lady in a bar dressed like a tramp, trying to pick up guys. I doubt if that would fly! :smile: Also, I doubt if the producers of SS would like kids to find out that the original of "Raise A Little L" is not quite kidworthy entertainment. Trooper is a fine group, and they've produced some of the best bar-rock ever (they still do the bar circuit, for some sick reason, believe me, I don't miss it myself) but those two tunes don't really translate to Sesame Street, I'm sure.

Anyone have a clue if this can be confirmed?

later
eric

Well, I could imagine them making "3 Dressed up as a 9" a literal interpretation of the song with out causing any problems. As for "Raise", it just strikes me as the kind of thing that would just fly by most kids, but their parents would have a good time with.

I LOVE Trooper, myself, and if these segments were in fact ever made, I'd love to get my hands on them. :smile: