Sesame Street actors on Film or Other Tv shows

jisforjump

Reaction score
I know I have seen Gordon in FX, and Uncle Wally is a movie or two, I also have seen Carlos, and Louis on Law and Order, and I know that Maria was in the original GODSPELL on Broadway, but are there any others that you know of?
:confused:

jeffkjoe

Reaction score
Look for FRAN BRILL as Robert De Niro's wife in the opening 10 minutes of MIDNIGHT RUN (1988).

She only has a few lines, but she clearly sounds like someone who would do the voice of Zoe.

BEAR

Reaction score
jisforjump said:
I know I have seen Gordon in FX, and Uncle Wally is a movie or two, I also have seen Carlos, and Louis on Law and Order, and I know that Maria was in the original GODSPELL on Broadway, but are there any others that you know of?
:confused:

Bill McCutcheon (Uncle Wally) has done a lot of things, including his Tony Award winning role as Moonface in the revival Broadway cast of Anything Goes. He was also in the film Steel Magnolias.
Alaina Reed Hall (Olivia) was on the sitcom 227 after she left Sesame Street. She is also a singer. She has had a number of small roles in films recently.
Desiree Casado (Gabby) has been in a number of movies.
Lillias White (Lillian) has also done a number of films and recordings including a voice in Disney's Hercules.
Linda Bove (Linda) has done a lot of theater plus the movie Children of a Lesser God. She has also made guest star appearances on TV.
Savion Glover we know has done a lot of wonderful things since showcasing his talents on Sesame Street.
Ruth Buzzi did most of her big work before becoming a regular on Sesame Street (which seems to be the reverse plan of most of the other cast members) such as Laugh In and a lot of other big things.

Thats all I can think of now.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I remember Linda Bove in an episode of Happy Days where she had a date with Fonzie.

Sonia Manzano (Maria) had a small part with Charles Bronson in the first Death Wish movie (1974).

Roscoe Orman was in a 70's blaxploitation movie called Big Willie Dynamite.

Rosalind Cash (the voice of Roosevelt Franklin's mother on his LP) turned up a lot on various 70's black sitcoms like Good Times, Sanford and Son, and What's Happening!!

Bill McCutcheon (Uncle Wally) played a character on Captain Kangaroo called Dudley Dudley, and made several appearances as Toby Noe on Little House on the Prairie

James Earl Jones- that guy with the shaved head reciting the alphabet and counting to 20- was fresh from shooting The Great White Hope.

Off on a little tangent- from the Electric Company, Lee Chamberlin, Irene Cara, and Douglas Grant all showed up at different times on What's Happening!!

And besides Laugh-In, Ruth Buzzi starred with Jim Nabors in that Sid and Marty Krofft classic The Lost Saucer

BEAR

Reaction score
fuzzygobo said:
James Earl Jones- that guy with the shaved head reciting the alphabet and counting to 20- was fresh from shooting The Great White Hope.

And his career has included SEVERAL other things as we all know.:stick_out_tongue:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
like a little film franchise from the '70s called "Star Wars!!!!:smile: :cool: :big_grin:

BEAR

Reaction score
GonzoLeaper said:
like a little film franchise from the '70s called "Star Wars!!!!:smile: :cool: :big_grin:
Well, he was only a voice in that movie, but sure. I was also referring to the rest of his huge list of film credits too! One of my all time favorite films starring James Earl Jones was Field of Dreams. The best moments in that movie was anytime he spoke. LOL.

Mokeystar

Reaction score
Fran Brill also played Lily Marvin in one of my favorite movies, "What About Bob?"

jisforjump

Reaction score
WOW! Thanks! I forgot that Linda did a Happy Days episode, and if I may be so bold, although I love James Earl Jones, I am tired of seeing him on EVERY channel 70 million times a day!!!!!

:smile:

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Let's see, I remember hearing that Roscoe Orman was on "All My Children." I think a lot of SS actors made appearances on "Cosby." Of course Clarice Taylor (David's grandmother) was a semi-regular on "The Cosby Show" as Cliff's mother. I'll have to research this a bit more. I'm sure there were others.