"Sesame Street: 50 Years and Still Sunny!" documentary to air on PBS beginning March 1, 2020

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Our local PBS station is airing "Sesame Street: 50 Years and Still Sunny!" on Sunday March 8 in primetime from 7:00-8:30 following by the 2018 special "Mister Rogers: It's You I Like" from 8:30-10:00. It's really nice to see both of these 50 year retrospectives airing back-to-back.

MikaelaMuppet

Reaction score
Our local PBS station is airing "Sesame Street: 50 Years and Still Sunny!" on Sunday March 8 in primetime from 7:00-8:30 following by the 2018 special "Mister Rogers: It's You I Like" from 8:30-10:00. It's really nice to see both of these 50 year retrospectives airing back-to-back.
Our PBS station isn't airing Mister Rogers: It's You I Like unfortunately.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Now that the documentary is beginning to premiere across the country, we're starting this discussion to share your thoughts after you see the special. This particular thread will remain open throughout March to discuss varying airdates on your local PBS station.

Last edited:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
My station isn't airing it until the 10th, but maybe it'll be on PBS.org for free tomorrow morning. WHO'S TO SAY.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Looks like mine will be airing it on the 8th.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Mine is airing this Friday.

Looking at the promo, as well as the confirmed interviewees (most of them celebrities, though it does say some puppeteers will be interviewed, though not who, exactly), I wonder if Sesame Workshop is actually involved with production on this. It's hosted by a celebrity guest as opposed to somebody from the show, and all of the old school clips in the preview are ones shown in the Old School DVDs (though there are a lot of clips from after season 15). I'm not sure if this is the kind of program where they could just pick clips without permission (though by that logic, they could just use clips posted online... though then they'd have the sesamestreet.org logo), or if PBS actually has broadcast rights to the use of old clips. Or maybe I'm overthinking things again.

TimzUneeverse

Reaction score
My local PBS station airs it on Wednesday, at exactly 8:00 PM-ish.